Entire Optus network down in QLD

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Sheesh.

Looks like Optus network has completely gone under in QLD and Northern NSW.

Apparently a line was cut this morning and then the backup cards in Stanthorpe have failed because they were over loaded and as such, no phone or internet for anyone with Virgin or Optus in QLD and so far reports as far south as Coffs Harbour.

I am with a Telstra reseller for internet and home phone so can work, but my mobile is jsut a useless paper weight at the moment, was expecting the call that my iPhone should be in today, now I am going to have to head to the shop when I get a break to check instead.

:)

Damn, pretty bad when a company like Optus has a service fault like this, imagine all the businesses that are currently completely out of operation?

Dan

Im with optus mobile and haven't been able to use it all morning. I get teh occasional call come through but can't answer or dial out.

I haven't been able to use my 3 mobile internet all morning either. They must be linked in some way.

yup 3 are routed through Optus.

But yeah it is all coming back online since around 12:15. There are still issues but it is getting better

lol NSW and Victoria were hit by it too. The whole of Brisbane as well!

Why?

Telstra = Rip off
Vodafone = most ludicrously bad plans and worst 3G network ever!
Virgin = who? just another reseller.
3 - pfft!

this is "apparently" what happened..

last night hardware failure was reported at Stanthorpe and every thing was diverted through another line... Early this morning a back digger broke the backup cable and thus the problems today...

Fro link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=177878.msg190029#msg190029 date=1216099332]
lol NSW and Victoria were hit by it too. The whole of Brisbane as well!

Spelling error Dan. shoudl be the HOLE of Brisbane :)
[/quote]

Whilst I see your joke....typo! Shoudl = Should :)

finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where's my damn iPhone

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7