(Ex) Manly Half found guilty of Manslaughter

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

EagleFromMay1967

Sky Punching : send them High as the Clouds
Got your attention ?

www.abc.net.au/news/2014-12-09/ex-league-star-craig-field-found-guilty-of-manslaughter/5955040?section=sport

Says he threw the punch cause he was about to be punched. Seem to recall something similar on the field with Skivvy at Brooky a couple of years ago. Care to refresh my memory . . . .:huh:

Link fixed.

Dodgy article, it says he is not guilty and guilty in one sentence. Bad editing. Prefer to think of him as ex souths/tigers

He should have already received a life sentence for impersonating a footballer.

Ranks with Kimmorley, Adam Brown, Brett Fulton and Jye Mullane as worst Manly/northern beagles half backs of all time.

tookey said:

Ranks with Kimmorley, Adam Brown, Brett Fulton and Jye Mullane as worst Manly half backs of all time.

Kimmorley never player for Manly.

Had 3 really good games for us and they were all against the roosters, especially the preliminary final in 97 which was a great game.

Kimmorley was bought from Melbourne and Melbourne bought a then little known half-back who just broke into first grade named Orford. Who coincidently was playing for the Northern Eagles.

In this day and age why is it still called manslaughter? Why can't they just call it laughter regardless of whether it's a man's or a woman's? Not sure what he was laughing at though, a guy died.

tookey said:

Ranks with Kimmorley, Adam Brown, Brett Fulton and Jye Mullane as worst Manly/northern beagles half backs of all time.

Not to mention Adam Hayden, Michael Witt and Tasesa Lavea

But didn't some guy punch Skivvy because he was afraid / claimed Skivvy was about to punch him ? . . . . am i remembering this correctly, ? was it against the Knights ?

Wanna see a utube replay ! :)

EagleFromMay1967 said:
But didn't some guy punch Skivvy because he was afraid / claimed Skivvy was about to punch him ? . . . . am i remembering this correctly, ? was it against the Knights ?

Wanna see a utube replay ! :)

Mitch Allgood from Parramatta.

If you can remember back further than this incident, we were playing the Knights once when the red mist came down on big Ben Cross. He started belting our forwards one after the other and a war of words broke out between he and Watmough after Cross had just crumpled another one of our players midfield.

While there was a brief stop in play, to give our bloke time to recover (I can't remember who it was) Cross was standing at marker and exchanging angry words with Choc who was back with our boys.

Matai had had enough of the crap and decided to put an end to it himself if our forwards couldn't. While the break was still happening, Matai came strolling in from out in his centre position. Cross was bent over, hands on knees catching his breath and still growling at Choc. As Matai got closer, Cross kept glancing at him and when he got within reach, Cross quickly stood upright and shoved Matai hard in the chest with both hands, pushing Matai backwards a couple of steps.

Matai, being Matai, reacted without hesitation. He came forward at Cross, leapt about a foot in the air and smashed him up the side of the head. After all the push and shove died down, the ref awarded us the penalty. LOL!

You have to love the Matai!!

Field has just been sentenced to 10 years jail with 7 years non parole.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/former-nrl-star-craig-field-jailed-for-10-years-for-manslaughter-over-the-one-punch-death-of-farmer-kelvin-kane/story-fndujljl-1227159473471

tookey said:
Field has just been sentenced to 10 years jail with 7 years non parole.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/former-nrl-star-craig-field-jailed-for-10-years-for-manslaughter-over-the-one-punch-death-of-farmer-kelvin-kane/story-fndujljl-1227159473471

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4