Expanding the game

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Duff

Bencher
The ICC are saying the next world cup will be only played by the 10 test playing nations.
How can this be good for the game?

The Dutch & the Kenyans have proven that they deserve to be there & maybe can one day play tests.

How can test cricket move forward if you reduce anyone who isn't there now to just 20/20?

Te aim of the world cup should be,
A) To find the best 1 day team in the world.
B) To find the next test playing nation in the world.

World sport is world sport. We need the Storm, we need the Bangas & we need the next whoever they are's in whatever they play to come along. Expansion is the key key to a sport's survival or death.

It's all because TV want the thing drawn out so they can show every match with no overlap.  If they just bit the bullet and had 2-3 games on every day in the early rounds, the tournament wouldn't drag on for 6-7 weeks like it does now, and you could still have the expanded number of teams. 

India wont allow extra teams into "the club" that would dilute their cosy little voting bloc.

Zimbabwe will be back playing tests this year but that will be it for a long time.

Its disgraceful you are all right, but the money talks.

the only possible exceptions down the track will be China and the US, simply because of money, there is a lot more money in Shanghai and New York than Nairobi of Windhoek.

the other reason for axing parts of the world cup is a little toy called T 20.

Yep India are selfish, insular and  petulant, and they will not support any expansion. Unfortunately the sub continent is the key to the revenue base for the ICC, so what the cash cow wants the cash cow will get. Until we weaken India's stranglehold on the game we won't be seeing much growth I feel. 

Expand or Die
India has put cricket in a very dull light

The minnow nations now have to support
different countrys (Ie Ireland = england)

I dont care for what kiwis think of us,but
id support them,but not as much as my own

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4