External Salary Cap Audit all Clubs, Manly first

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Reported by Danny Weener on Nien News tonight that the NRL has employed a team of external auditors, with the technology to search computers, to check all Clubs Salary Cap records and Manly is the first club that will be audited.
Weener also said that Manly have no problems with their computers being audited but other clubs have objected.

Earnie the Eagle said:
Reported by Danny Weener on Nien News tonight that the NRL has employed a team of external auditors, with the technology to search computers, to check all Clubs Salary Cap records and Manly is the first club that will be audited.
Weener also said that Manly have no problems with their computers being audited but other clubs have objected.

Hahahahahaha. Awesome. Hope to god we're clean and the dogs, tigers and Parra get fisted!!

My christmas wish is for the dogs to get busted for breaching the salary cap.

If manly are first I'm hoping its because manly volunteered to go first, which is a promising sign.

I reckon any breaches will only result in fines unless there are any major problems.

I know that David Perry was smart enough to document our extra payments on paper and file it in a manila folder, not on a computer.
This is surely going to catch out a few clubs! Im thinking Souths, Dogs, Broncos. But holy moly i would give anything to see the Dogs get smashed on this

NRL hires technical experts to check club computers in war on salary cap cheats

Josh Massoud EXCLUSIVE
The Daily Telegraph
December 22, 201212:00AM

BIG Brother is now watching over the salary cap, with the NRL hiring technical experts to download correspondence from club computers in a bid to catch out cheats.

News Limited has learned Manly were the first club targeted under the new surveillance scheme, which has triggered privacy concerns about how any sensitive findings will be used.

Acting on behalf of the NRL, consultants from an IT firm visited Sea Eagles HQ in the past week to conduct the ground-breaking electronic audit. It's understood material was taken from the club's main computer and personal laptops belonging to staff involved in contract negotiations.

The NRL used similar means in 2010 to uncover the full extent of Melbourne Storm's salary cap rort.

Speaking on the condition of anonymity, club bosses were last night unaware of salary cap auditor Ian Schubert going to such lengths since then.

Schubert conducts his annual salary cap audit of all 16 clubs each November.

But until now his investigations have been limited to a review of paperwork, such as hard copy contracts and marquee player deals.

Reviewing e-mail threads between coaches, recruitment officers and player agents gives Schubert enormous scope to discern exactly how the deals are constructed. And in accordance with the new participation agreements each club signed at the start of this year, he has been given the right to do so.

Manly boss David Perry last night said the club had no problems co-operating with the new audit and League Central has rejected suggestions the Sea Eagles are under any suspicion.

It's believed the remaining clubs will fall under similar scrutiny in the new year, with the high-tech review introduced to compliment Schubert's traditional audit.

"We use external parties in varying capacities to assist the salary cap team from time to time as we ensure that we are taking all necessary steps to effectively monitor the cap," an NRL spokesman said.

"This is a small part of the proactive approach to ensuring that all clubs and all fans can continue to have confidence that clubs are complying with the cap and competing fairly in what is Australian sport's closest competition. Manly has been very helpful in helping us to develop some new opportunities in this area."

But when told of the new measures, rival club bosses were taken aback. "What is this? The Gestapo?" said one. "We had no idea they can do something like this. We'd like to know exactly how the information can be used before they go any further."

The NRL said its consultants would handle all information pursuant to its privacy policy and other relevant laws.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/nrl-hires-technical-experts-to-check-club-computers-in-war-on-salary-cap-cheats/story-e6frexnr-1226542085307

Great for Manly to be at the forefront of accountability in their back office management.:angel:

Lately the AFL have shown that their tanking and third party deals caper is not so far removed from the Storm and Dogs cap shananigans.

"We had no idea they can do something like this. We'd like to know exactly how the information can be used before they go any further."
Is this paranoia or guilt speaking :D

I just hope they make the results public as they get them.....Stop the media making a thousand accusations about us.....

Nice to be done first...shown clean...and watch all the other b@stards sweat in their kennels.

TerryRandall said:
I may be missing something, but it reads to me like manly get no notice, but all other clubs are on notice and have time to hide or destroy anything which may be incriminating. Hardly seems fair.

Exactly what i was thinking.

How many clubs will get their computers professionally "cleaned"? Is that possibly to do and hide incriminating material?

Seems the NRL didn't want to give us the same notice.:dodgy:

swoop said:
"This is a small part of the proactive approach to ensuring that all clubs and all fans can continue to have confidence that clubs are complying with the cap and competing fairly in what is Australian sport's closest competition.

Competing fairly? What a load of crap. It's not a fair competetion until each team plays every other team twice, once at home and once away. It's not a fair competition when the Broncos are favoured by the draw year after year. It's not a fair draw when Manly gets 7 Monday night games and the Bulldogs get none.

It does seem a bit weird the way it's being handled.
The fact that other clubs are coming out against it is almost an admission of guilt. The hard part is getting the proof.

Seems they don't want to find anything, they just want to look like they're well hard.
Start with a team they know can't really afford to rort, giving the rest ample time to do what they need to. Are Cronulla second?

Apart from us wouldn't you think the Storm would be kicking the door down to prove that they won the premiership legally this year?

All teams had signed off on it and were aware that they would be audited around November. If any does get busted then they are complete idiots. They knew it would happen and will take all precaution to avoid getting busted like not using computers to send incriminating emails or store files. Not leaving files where they are accessible to the auditors. Clubs are now run by highly intelligent people and they would not put themselves into any jeopardy or possibility of getting caught cheating the cap.

In saying that, what would you do if Manly got caught cheating the cap and had their past two premierships withdrawn. Would you still recognise the prrmierships and support the club. Would you say everybody else is doing it. Would you turn away from Manly.

Supernintendo Chalmers said:
i bet a few clubs suddenly have a break in to the office.. or break down / replacement of a few laptops over xmas time.

Like the Titans 'robbery' at the Centre of Excellence when the 'thieves' 'stole' paperwork but left the unsecured laptops?

eagleE said:
In saying that, what would you do if Manly got caught cheating the cap and had their past two premierships withdrawn. Would you still recognise the prrmierships and support the club. Would you say everybody else is doing it. Would you turn away from Manly.

No, I wouldn't recognise the premierships, but I would maintain my support for the Club. As long as those responsible (and not just scapegoats) are held to account, I would feel comfortable with actions taken by the ARLC.

And Yes, I would still saying others are doing it.

I'm not that nieve to think that every club is squeky clean. Let's hope we haven't gone over. Losing a million and a fine means a bad year.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6