Extreme ladder plunge possible.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

niccipops

un echidna spillo mia bevanda
Premium Member
Have just looked at the points differential on the current ladder where today we sit eighth on -4 with the sharkies on nineth with the same.
If the roosters (-8) win by more than four they jump us.
If canberra (+1) wins at all they jump us.
If the knights (-3) win by more than 1 they too take the forward leap.
Based on results after Monday we could be sitting as low as 11th or still hanging around 8 or 9.
This is not a doomsday post as I know that at this time of year these results are going to chop and change plenty and everyone's position is going depend on others' results.
I also remember that this time in '09 we were sitting dead last and sure turned that one around.
Looking to the future we do need to to get a couple of big wins under us to raise our differential.
Let's start with parra next Saturday.

still way too early to be worried about this!! We have a chunk of our team on the sidelines ffs. i belive sharks and dragons will be in the eight, so its not like we lost to crappy teams.. Plus I noticed the fatigue of the constant travel starting to creep up on our players, if ever we needed a bye it woud be this week.. Once Glenn Stewart comes back we will be a different team, add to that matai we will be feared, add to that T-rex we = unstoppable

Not sure I care too much about ladder position so early in the season but I hope no one is under an illusion that Parra will be easy beats.
This period without Stewart, Matai and Williams will really test us.
In just two weeks we've manage to score 0 points in 80mins of play.
Address this issue and we'll be back on the winners list.

You have to be in the top 4 after round 26 not round 4

We were 2-2 in 2011 2-2 in 2010 0-4 in 2009 1-3 in 2008

I know it's early days.
It's been a tough start for us and apart from a bit of shocker in the opening 40 against the sharks the boys have played well.
My take on Manly 2012. With some luck turning our way we can go back to back or at least have a serious crack.
We're currently depleted by injuries, suspensions and a schedule that really sucks.

Thankfully, we're soon to be back at Brookie and hopefully our injured boys aren't too far from the field

I thought this must have been a Ryan post. :)

It's true that anything can happen as the season unfolds, but at this stage we are still in a better position overall than most of the others.

I don't care about our ladder position but i do care about beating the eels next week. Very important game imo, if we can then beat the panthers and the titans going into the bye i will be happy, all three are winnable games for our squad even without trex, gift and matai.

With you on that one.
One positive about the loss last night is I think our team will be almost as desperate and the eels to nail this one.
Attention weather - please provide a dry track.

Tareeeagle said:
Any ideas when G Stewart is due back? What exactly was his injury??

mwse.com.au says

Glenn Stewart | Dislocated finger | Round 6

Steve Matai | Broken thumb | Round 7

Joe Galuvao | Strained foot | Round 4

Ben Farrar ACL Pending surgery

Apparently there were some whispers Glenn would play last night. So he could be an inclusion late next week :)

Okay, bugger my early morning statistics.
Even though Manly would remain in the eight if the doggies beat the ladies nighties, stuff this.
I'm doing a backflip on my pledge to not care about bulldogs results and I want those newcastle girls to smash the doggies down to puppy kibble.
I'm not yet over my Des issues.
Recommended therapy - several losses to the bulldogs including a gutsy Manly win in round 8.

Although not too concerned yet with our attack position there are some worrying defensive signs. Conceeding 72 points in 4 games is pretty poor and unless we tighten up defensively we will struggle. Next week needs to be very convincing no excuses now.

If we get beaten by the Eels than we can forget about back to back...they are terrible. We need to make a statement next week although if we win I think it will be 19-18 or something similar.

torana355 said:
I don't care about our ladder position but i do care about beating the eels next week. Very important game imo, if we can then beat the panthers and the titans going into the bye i will be happy, all three are winnable games for our squad even without trex, gift and matai.

We couldnt be playing Parramatta at a worse time, they are desperate for a win.

Earnie the Eagle said:
torana355 said:

We couldnt be playing Parramatta at a worse time, they are desperate for a win.

I know but it is a game we should win if we play well. btw Go the knights!!!

Moops said:
If we get beaten by the Eels than we can forget about back to back...they are terrible. We need to make a statement next week although if we win I think it will be 19-18 or something similar.
Don't agree. I think would could lose next week and still go back to back.
Should be a no brainer that we'll win but the desperation of eels will be at peak and the refereeing will no doubt, not be in our favour.
Wouldn't be surprised if parramatta are allowed to carry M16's and machetes into this match. Such is my faith in quality of refereeing.
My faith in Manly is much greater.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8