Faaoso an eel

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I really liked Richie - A shame but at 30+ years old and 12 months out of the game with a broken neck.....

How much credibility do we give to the paragraph about Tooves standing in Choc's way ?

What were we saying about things settling down ? Aaaaand we're back.

Gee, that brad arthur must have been simply amazing. Another player to choose parra because of the tremendous genius that is Braaaaaaaaaaaad

I doubt we made Richie an offer. After what happened this year the last thing Tooves would want would be to have a key spot in his roster lost again to a player with a major health question mark. We need to replace the likes of King and Fa'aoso with sturdy types who will at least start the year fighting fit.

Could have done with him against Dogs, only hindsight but could well have made the difference for us to be playing in this Sundays decider

Richie is a big risk. As much as I would like to see him play for us next year he is one bad game away from retirement again.

I can understand why the club wouldn't want to take that risk.

Just think, in 2-3 years, Parramatta will look like the 2008 Sea Eagles team. Shame they'll almost be 40. Lol.

But seriously, Arthur and the Eels are pulling the guts out of their team to accomodate Watmough. He is going to be one unpopular character there, and is doing exactly what hes pissed off with dce about.

simon64 said:
How much credibility do we give to the paragraph about Tooves standing in Choc's way ?

What were we saying about things settling down ? Aaaaand we're back.

The article says it sets a bad precedent if Watmough is released. Why dint we just release them all, and the club says, "this club only wants players who want.to be here".

Thats a clear precedent. Play heavily under the cap.

Blair, Gutherson or Trbojevic for Stewart and Matai.
Trbojevic, Taufua, Symonds in the starting lineup for Watmough
Lyon, Littlejohn for Foran

Wash out all the ugly contracts.

Come 8th - 12th, but do so with a passionate, play for each other roster and im a happy man.

Set an example of these grubs, and get rid of them. Its unfair on the rest of the players who DO want to be here to have them poisoning the group.

‎NRL‬ Given the all-clear to return from a neck injury, Richie Fa'aoso is set to join @TheParraEels for 1 year.
http://www.news.com.au/…/ritch…/story-fndv34of-1227079499583

Ryan said:
Set an example of these grubs, and get rid of them. Its unfair on the rest of the players who DO want to be here to have them poisoning the group.

Fantastic Ryan. The guys we have been watching and supporting for around a decade are all grubs and worthy of nothing but being flushed down the toilet. Answer one question - why do they want out? Unless you can absolutely guarantee that you know why then you are the same as the DT. So, you know someone who overheard that they were unhappy and leaving. That is a fact but it doesn't answer why. That is the real question I want answered. The line of them being selfish prima donnas doesn't cut it for me.

ManlyBacker said:
Ryan said:

Fantastic Ryan. The guys we have been watching and supporting for around a decade are all grubs and worthy of nothing but being flushed down the toilet. Answer one question - why do they want out? Unless you can absolutely guarantee that you know why then you are the same as the DT. So, you know someone who overheard that they were unhappy and leaving. That is a fact but it doesn't answer why. That is the real question I want answered. The line of them being selfish prima donnas doesn't cut it for me.

Honestly, I don't know. In fact, a former player who still is around the playing group regularly told me quite the opposite, and said this paper talk is BS, BUT:-

1. I heard Stewart / Watmough say smart arse comments about being told to stop speaking;
2. I read quotes from Foran himself that he wakes up at times and wants to leave, sometimes he wants to stay;
3. I saw Foran say that he was only minutes away from signing with The Dogs;
4. We know as FACT Matai and Watmough have asked for releases;
5. I have seen myself Foran having a "clearing of the air meeting"
6. I have heard Watmough on many occasions talking trash in the media about moving to Parramatta.
7. I have HEARD Matai claim there would be a player revolt if Glenn weren't re-signed (through quotes).
8. I have seen Foran's form heavily drop (as well as the whole team 8 weeks from the end of their season).

etc etc etc & bloody etc unfortunately.

Give guys like JSL, Brenton Lawrence and others who have only ever shown class and respect they deserve by stopping all the above poisoning. Is that too much to ask?

Yes, I have supported those guys, and I have put my money where my mouth is year after year. They are thanking that support with the bull**** (just a few examples) I have listed above.

Well screw that. If you don't want to be part of our culture, team and passion, then fark off to Parramatta or wherever, but don't bring the culture down with you on the way out.

Foran is as good as gone mate. I say dump him now, so we can play a player who actually wants to be here for you, me, the club and themselves.

Surely that's fair to everyone. Another year of their media feeding bull**** will be intolerable. Seriously mate, it ruined the year for me footy wise. I said it about 3 months before the end of the season, that even if they won the whole thing, it just wouldn't feel proper. It would feel fractured, and fractured is the only way you can describe this playing group, board, ownership and management.

Or am I seeing it all wrong?

Yes you are. The same clique has been maintaining power for more than a decade. When it actually interferes with the playing roster it is the playing roster's fault.

The best 5 /8th in the comp loses all heart. It is his fault. A top second rower wants out - it is his fault. The best fullback in the game wants out - must be his fault. BS. Let's blame everyone but the back office clowns who screwed up the current situation. That includes the idiotic disfunctional board.

They all have reasons why it isn't their fault but answer me how we went from outright favourites to win this year to complete dogs. The answer is not in the playing roster. It is in the managers.

The people responsible for running Manly are responsible. The fans are the victims. I'm over recriminations against the playing roster when we have highly paid 'professionals' who are supposed to manage these things. If any sackings need to occur then you know where I believe they should come.

ManlyBacker said:
Yes you are. The same clique has been maintaining power for more than a decade. When it actually interferes with the playing roster it is the playing roster's fault.

The best 5 /8th in the comp loses all heart. It is his fault. A top second rower wants out - it is his fault. The best fullback in the game wants out - must be his fault. BS. Let's blame everyone but the back office clowns who screwed up the current situation. That includes the idiotic disfunctional board.

They all have reasons why it isn't their fault but answer me how we went from outright favourites to win this year to complete dogs. The answer is not in the playing roster. It is in the managers.

The people responsible for running Manly are responsible. The fans are the victims. I'm over recriminations against the playing roster when we have highly paid 'professionals' who are supposed to manage these things. If any sackings need to occur then you know where I believe they should come.

You know what mate, I really can't argue with any of that. Well said.

Staff online

• Dan
    Kim Jong Dan
  • Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8