Facebook Status on Club Site

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader
i nearly swallowed my false teeth this morning when I saw this Facebook Status update:

Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles
Graham Lowe has given up his Saturday morning to help with the membership drive here at the Academy of Sport. Have you signed up yet? Visit http://bit.ly/weneedyou2011 to become a member!

Who wrote that! Is there an assumption that Lowey works 9 to 5? How noble is it that he is actually out doing his job. Great we are at the job but sure we can express it in a better fashion.

Is it just me or do we have to do a whole lot better at our communication??? :'(

Canteen Worker link said:
i nearly swallowed my false teeth this morning when I saw this Facebook Status update:

Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles
Graham Lowe has given up his Saturday morning to help with the membership drive here at the Academy of Sport. Have you signed up yet? Visit http://bit.ly/weneedyou2011 to become a member!

Who wrote that! Is there an assumption that Lowey works 9 to 5? How noble is it that he is actually out doing his job. Great we are at the job but sure we can express it in a better fashion.

Is it just me or do we have to do a whole lot better at our communication??? :'(

Maybe Saturday Morning is the one bit of time he has to himself and he has given it up?

Does it really matter?

It is just spin i.e. everyone is working to help get the numbers

Lowey can do no right. I read in another thread he was responsible for the Brisbane floods, and he also sat idle while cyclone Yasi ravaged Nth Qld. 

Maybe we would all be happier if we never heard anything from the club ever again. The whingeing and whining from our own fans is getting tiresome

Remember, the person who is updating the "website and social media content" is a young girl, possibly without a lot of direction...I'd imagine she's doing her best.

supersoniceagle....you DO realize this is a sport, built for entertainment, and without a fanbase, there IS no club? It's ALL about goodwill.

Ride your high horse as much as you like, unless fans feel engaged, you should start thinking about what OTHER sport you'd like to watch, as The Eagles won't be around too much longer.

We are regressing, and to be honest, I don't really care about that anymore. If the team wins, the rest should take care of itself despite who's there, rather than because of them.

"Manly CEO Graham Lowe was out meeting with fans today, supporting the drive to build up membership numbers and enthuse supporters about the start to a fresh season. He and the club are quietly optimistic about the Sea Eagles chances this year and is keen to encourage more people to join as members!!!"

Mark from Brisbane link said:
Remember, the person who is updating the \"website and social media content\" is a young girl, possibly without a lot of direction...I'd imagine she's doing her best.

And I wouldn't have thought she was doing such a bad job personally... Our twitter/facebook pages and updates are definitely comparable to other teams in the competition. Or maybe I'm just going soft in my old age.

I have a low opinion of our management, but I see nothing wrong with that status. They're just trying to promote themselves. Some people just complain too much.

Manly To Win! link said:
I have a low opinion of our management, but I see nothing wrong with that status. They're just trying to promote themselves. Some people just complain too much.

Like the ones who suggest the club OBVIOUSLY need more staff.

Ryan link said:
supersoniceagle....you DO realize this is a sport, built for entertainment, and without a fanbase, there IS no club? It's ALL about goodwill.

Ride your high horse as much as you like, unless fans feel engaged, you should start thinking about what OTHER sport you'd like to watch, as The Eagles won't be around too much longer.

We are regressing, and to be honest, I don't really care about that anymore. If the team wins, the rest should take care of itself despite who's there, rather than because of them.

I don't really agree with that.

It's not entertainment. It's a part of your life or a way of life or a religeon. Maybe there's a better way of putting it but it's not entertainment, it's a part of us all.

The fans shouldn't have to feel "engaged". Ask not what your club can do for you................

All this I keep reading from posters on here saying they don't feel loved by the club, the club doesn't communicate with them, they want this, want that. Every time I read that from some faceless keyboard jockey, all I can think is "Who the f*ck are you? Why are you so important?"

Pull your heads in guys. Unless any of us work there, we don't know the full story. All we know is that the team looks pretty good on paper. The only obligation the club has to us is to win games and from before a ball has been kicked it looks like they've done a fair job of trying to make that happen. Now, it's down to luck with injuries and a fair go from those in charge of the games and the game.

Duff link said:
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=186374.msg314311#msg314311 date=1296909423]

I don't really agree with that.

It's not entertainment. It's a part of your life or a way of life or a religeon. Maybe there's a better way of putting it but it's not entertainment, it's a part of us all.

The fans shouldn't have to feel "engaged". Ask not what your club can do for you................

All this I keep reading from posters on here saying they don't feel loved by the club, the club doesn't communicate with them, they want this, want that. Every time I read that from some faceless keyboard jockey, all I can think is "Who the f*ck are you? Why are you so important?"

Pull your heads in guys. Unless any of us work there, we don't know the full story. All we know is that the team looks pretty good on paper. The only obligation the club has to us is to win games and from before a ball has been kicked it looks like they've done a fair job of trying to make that happen. Now, it's down to luck with injuries and a fair go from those in charge of the games and the game.
[/quote]

This.

Can't really put it much better than that.

Duff,you say "who the f**k are we"?We are the people who pay to get in,pay for food and beverages,pay for gear,wear the sponsors logo around (when we get one),buy memberships,etc.No supporters=no teams.Because we're passionate,because every ones entitled to an opinion (right or wrong),and because we pay our dollars,there will continue to be open discussion on our team.

You say it like you're doing the club a favour by supporting them.

I say you're just doing your duty.

Pay your money, shut up & be thankful that you have a team.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8