Failures or successes; Sea Eagles @ other clubs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
how many ex 1st grade Sea Eagle players are at other clubs have/are going really good and the ones that have been a failure

A few names that have come to mind recently
Cuthbertson
JWH
Jeff Robson
Travis Burns
Michael Bani

Cuthberson definate faluire, however under Hasler i think he is a better player

JWH - Dont know why we let him go  he has potential however slighlty overated but he is still only young, he had an OK season

Jeff Robson - I think he has done real well in a crap team one of their more consistent players

Travis Burns - Hot and Cold, but you gotta love that mongrel in him, Id still want him at the club

Micahel Bani - hasnt set the world on fire but can be a Good Player on his day however Farrarr > Bani

The one the always springs to mind is Aaron Cannings. Such a waste of a player at the Titans. Should have stayed with Manly like King and probably would have been playing 1st grade.

Matt Orford went well........although he did'nt really leave Manly (Northern Eagles) and we got him back later. Can't think of any others at the moment.

Shane Neuman played a few FG games for the dogs this year and so did Tim Browne.  Jeremy Smith played with Manly a few years ago and really kicked on when he joined the storm

loads do go to England/France because they cannot get nrl contracts or not enough money. There hasn't been huge value in signings the past 2 years. Gulavou, Cross, Vaeliki, Seu Seu all come to mind. Like our players who left Neumann, Cuthbo we are quite happy for them to go. Knights fans were happy Bailey went to us (they knew) Most parra fans thought we were mad paying huge overs for T-Rex (jury still out)

Robson was useless in reserve grade with us but played a nrl grand final with parra.

However a few years ago we did get Robbo, Hall and Bryant (1 great year each)

Perry was big dough but was great in 2008.

JWH has way too much aggression in his game, i can see him getting wiped from it before his time is through if he doesn't learn to control it more

Cuthbertson - See how he goes at the Panthers
JWH - will be a great player
Jeff Robson - solid but nothing great
Travis Burns - has improved at the Panthers, shows what the Cowgirls do to players.
Michael Bani - one good year at Manly but again the Cowgirls have screwed up his career. If he was at the Broncos he would be a star.
Lama Tasi - ?
Shane Neuman - absolute hack for Manly

tookey link said:
Jeremy Smith played with Manly a few years ago and really kicked on when he joined the storm

Say what!! When did Jeremy Smith play with Manly? Don't think that's right.

I don't think he did as he was known as technically the first Victorian Junior to play NRL, even though he is from NZ he played mainly in Victoria before joining the Storm

Bradza link said:
[quote author=tookey link=topic=185691.msg301126#msg301126 date=1286314058]
Jeremy Smith played with Manly a few years ago and really kicked on when he joined the storm

[/quote]

I think he played SG Ball or soemthing like that

The Wheel link said:
[quote author=Bradza link=topic=185691.msg301142#msg301142 date=1286320621]
[quote author=tookey link=topic=185691.msg301126#msg301126 date=1286314058]

[/quote]

I think he played SG Ball or soemthing like that
[/quote]
http://stats.rleague.com/rl/scorers/players/J/Jeremy_SmithMS.html

Not according to wikipedia and about a million other sites.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremy_Smith_%28rugby_league_born_1980%29

"Although born in New Zealand and recruited by the Storm from Runaway Bay on Queensland's Gold Coast, Smith played the majority of his junior rugby league with the Altona Roosters club in Melbourne. Thus making Smith technically the first local junior to play for the Storm."

I can not find any reference to him playing for manly at any level

He played lower grades for us in 2002 when we were the northern eagles. 

Dan link said:
JWH has way too much aggression in his game, i can see him getting wiped from it before his time is through if he doesn't learn to control it more

I was going to write exactly the same thing.

Jethro link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=185691.msg301133#msg301133 date=1286318215]

I was going to write exactly the same thing.
[/quote]
It's certainly a concern for a bloke with obvious talent that he has been told to be an enforcer which will likely shorten his playing career.

Possibly good "right now" coaching rather than anything else

Steppa, Halfasanga, Donnelly, Witt, Dorn to name some more. All epic fails.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6