Family keeps Sea Eagles on a successful flight path

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Family keeps Sea Eagles

When Des Hasler left Manly there was every chance that Brookvale Oval would burn like Rome. An empire that had been painstakingly built appeared set to crumble.

Read the full article

RE: Family keeps Sea Eagles

Great article for a great Club.

Would never have an article like that in a News Ltd publication, thank you Adrian.

Good Article from the smh, at least we can rely on them to try and even the ledger every now and again. You are definitely right about that Mick, there is never anything positive in that newspaper at all, they only print sensationalist BS.

Family keeps Sea Eagles

Great article. I love those words from Tooves, a great Manly man!!

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Family keeps Sea Eagles on a successful flight path

Date April 5, 2013 by Adrian Proszenko

When Des Hasler left Manly there was every chance that Brookvale Oval would burn like Rome. An empire that had been painstakingly built appeared set to crumble.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/family-keeps-sea-eagles-on-a-successful-flight-path-20130404-2h9s4.html#ixzz2PUYwpl7k

[I tried to submit this article but as usual I can't operate that function :huh: ]

Thanks for the link. What a terrific article, a true representation of the Sea Eagle spirit. I also appreciate the inferance to Hasler's treachery, sneaking out the back door like a coward in the night, unwilling to accept the responsibility of his salary cap mess. Go Manly!

........only to the outsiders.

Go Manly! In 2V we trust.

Ah, yes. Tooves said, "The Manly club is bigger than one person."

Obviously, Hasler thought he was bigger.
He must have been disappointed he didn't bring down Manly in stripping the club of its support staff.

SeaEagleRock8 said:

Sounds like Adrian P watched an episode of game of thrones before writing that headline

We have survived bigger things the DES Hasler leaving again.
I feel sorry for those fans who's clubs are a joke, and there is a few this year.

Great article !
What makes it that much sweeter....Tooves will go on to be a better coach than Hasler and he'll stay loyal.

What a great article Tooves is simply a legend our great club has never been in better hands.

Can’t get much better than a Friday night Manly game against a bitter old rival,

Aim big Kev at the moment.

GOOOOO Manlyyyyyyyy

Andrew.. said:
Great article !
What makes it that much sweeter....Tooves will go on to be a better coach than Hasler and he'll stay loyal.

Completely agree Andrew. Toovey will be a great coach for Manly and I'm sure that loyalty is important to him unlike his predecessor.

Tremendous article!

I love it when journalists actually show some truth in their articles.

Unlike the three turkeys who wrote the major story in RLW this week.
"The cashed-up Panthers are also believed to be set to approach Manly's Jamie Lyon, who almost quit the club at the start of the year for Gold Coast and remains unsigned."

I don't know whether Jamie will re-sign next year but after his open letter to the fans, I do not feel that 'he almost quit the club'.

Good BS makes weak stories almost plausible.

That article was my first "feel good" moment for the day. The second will be when we kick the dog tonight.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • Dan
    Kim Jong Dan
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8