Family pass, how certain are we 4 adults can get it?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Is anyone certain that the family pass just says family on all tickets and that there shoudnt be too much of a dram getting in?

Cheers
Dan

yeah but people have been saying that the tickets themselves only say "Family Pass"

So it would be fine if you went in two then the other two 5 minutes later

hmm exactly my thought. it looks like I may have snared some good priced tickets of someone just wanting to get rid of theirs

4 cat B at $100 a ticket, otherwise the word is that if you have a family ticket you can upgrade them at the window when you get there

I'm in the same boat as you, i'm using the family pass to get in on Sunday also, shouldn't be a drama! I got Category A tickets for around $105 so i cant complain!

People have said they never check them, so i wouldn't worry too much!

Most grounds have a little light on top of the turnstile that flashes a diferent colour when a concession ticket is used. If security are watching, you could have a problem.

the family tickets all say "FAMILY" on them. It doesn't say which one is the child and which one is the adult.

Anyway - i have never seen anyone stopped before. Just scan and walk through

Matt - have you retired your name a la an AFL player or NFL player? Is this in recognition to your contribution to various forums over the years???? :lol:

I have been doing this for the past 5 years...

The 4 individual tickets do not state which ones are the adult tix & which are the kids. All 4 tix simply state "Family" on them.

So what you do is just go in individually - there are about 7 turnstiles at the required entry so just spread yourselves across so it looks like you are all separate individuals going in. So don't all go in one behind each other through the same turnstile (not that it will make a difference but just to be safe).

Nobody actually looks at your ticket - I think a different coloured light might get lit up on top of the turnstile but I have never really noticed - if someone does come up to you & ask to see your ticket (& this has NEVER happened to me) & if they question where the rest of your
family is - simply state that they came in half an hour ago before you & are already in their seats in the grandstand & that you are now going to meet them - even say something like "your more than welcome to come up & see them if you wish" - which of course they will not as they cant leave
their post. Plus there are hundreds of people there & the staff working the gates are simply casual employees (teenagers) & they really couldn't care less what type of ticket you have - their job is to get people in & keep the crowd flowing so they are not interested in making sure people have the right ticket.

But as I said nobody has ever questioned me - but the above is what I would say if they ever did. Just scan your ticket walk in & meet up together once you are inside (ie, 20 - 30 metres past the turnstiles - don't mingle around the turnstiles as this will obviously increase the
risk of someone asking you something).

GO YOU EAGLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Matt - have you retired your name a la an AFL player or NFL player? Is this in recognition to your contribution to various forums over the years???? :lol:

i can't log into my old user name without a blank screen coming up. had to create something new, then i realised i mispelt it...so now i am here as C Dong

Silver exactly the plan we had

We are all going in seperately. I could only get a family pass, My Dad and brother in law are going in after me and actually getting to the game after us.

So i just told them to either go in a different gate or just go in 1 or two minutes apart.

I dont anticipate any dramas but better to be safe than sorry.

Whenever we go with our kids we always buy the family pass (kids are all over 18 btw) and we have never been stopped, questioned or queried.

We did this last Saturday at the SFS and we went through the same turnstile in single file without a drama.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2