Fans kicking in to pay Toove's fine

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mybludog

Reserve Grader
Guy's,
There's a fair bit happening behind the scenes at the moment to put things together so people can kick in some coin to help pay the 10k if and when it has to be paid.

While the club won't go cap in hand asking for it, they (or Tooves) won't say no either.

Still in the early stages yet but a couple of options being considered are taking buckets around at Brookie on the Saturday night of the Storm game and setting up a bank account for those that can't make the game or would prefer to contribute that way.

While nothings confirmed yet, we'll keep everyone up to date as things happen.

If anyone wants some more info or wants to help out just send me a PM

Brissie Kid said:
Hopefully the club challenges the breach notice & has it overturned. Hard though given NRL are judge & jury.
It should be challenged, it is absurd. Dare I say, 'ridiculous'. There's been a huge amount of positive press for Tooves.

However if it's not withdrawn, I'll chip in :)

ManlyArmy said:
CAMBO said:
Can I suggest pay tne NRL by rocking up to greenberg's office with 10000 one dollar coins

Why not 200,000 5c coins. I got plenty of them laying around.

5c are too small better going with 20's or them sharp edged 50c

To really snub Greenturd;s nose, what we have to make sure of, is that Toovey does not have to pay a single cent of the 10000. And we have to make sure that the fact of the Fans paying for it is well publiscised. The louder this message is delivered, the more embarrassing it will be for the NRL.

i Pledge 50 bucks if the appeals fails. You all are my witnesses. :cool:

I was livid and frothing at the mouth with the refereeing way before half-time. Seeing the crazed look on 2V after the game let me know someone in this world understood exactly how I felt. Thanks Toovs.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/northern-beaches/sea-eagles-fans-to-start-collection-to-pay-geoff-toovey8217s-nrl-fine/story-fngr8hax-1226700728557

If every fan who supports Tooves kicks in $10, we should have enough change after paying the fine to do those renos to Brookie that we've been talking about for a while.

How good would it be if the fine turns out to be a fundraising event for the club...

niccipops said:
I too will watch this space.

I three shall also watch this space!

(I, robot said he would too.)

Hopefully it's challenged and overturned.

I wonder if the media will do a story on this like they did with canterbury when they were faced with a 10k fine last year?

I read Paul Kent also came out in defense of Tooves. What's happening?

Hopefully something is set up (if needed) that allows ahem overseas people to contribute.

The kickstart.com idea of Dans isn't a bad idea!

2v should get off though. Did not 1 thing wrong and maguire set the precedent last year and nothing happened to him.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6