Farewell Willie!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Willie was listed on the montage last Friday night as one of the players leaving this year, so it seems no fairytale final year for him at the Sea Eagles, AND with a 3 weeks ( 4 if he fights it and loses) suspension coming up I fear he's played his last game.

I reckon in a really bad year he's been value for money, all the best big fella and if it's retirement thanks for all the memories .

I have never once questioned his Commitment.
I did question his commitment on the very first tackle of the game last week. A game we had to win to have a chance. He had to know, surely, there was only ever going to be one refereeing outcome to that tackle. And that decision by Willie put us on the back foot in that game straight away.

But have enjoyed the (legitimate) fire from the big fella.

Disappointing end to a great year for Willie. Not a good way to end a career. With the way he has been playing he could quite easily go around again.

Good luck for your future endeavours Big Willie!

Thanks for your commitment Willie. Although this is just my personal opinion, I would rather have Willie in my starting 17 next year, instead of lussick.

Willie has been great value for us this year, played with high commitment and embraced our culture rapidly. Would have loved to see him go around with us for another year.

All the best in your future navigations Willie and thanks again!!

Willie was a good signing for us and I think he did enough to warrant another season with the mighty Sea eagles but it was not meant to be .
Thanks for the memories big fella

My wife out of the blue said to me the other night she loves willie and i jumped off the lounge after a hard day at work and said to her do you really like him babe and the way he has played for us this year , she said what are you talking about....lol . Well done willie Mason.

well done Willie,thanks for the year, I think you should fight it,what have you got to lose,Im still amazed Pritchard got off with that deadset coat hanger,ok as we always say,imagine if that was Skivvi that did that tackle

Congratulations Wille Mason
My lasting memory will be that photo of him and 2V's embracing after the win over the Warriors!!

I think he genuinely enjoyed playing for us and we liked having around the place.

All the best for the future!!

I hated Big Willie when he was at the Dogs and Roosters, but he really has embraced the club and become one of us. I loved hearing his passion for the club and for the game, he matured into a fantastic person and role model. I'll miss having you around Willy!!

I rather hope he gets another year at another club, then he can get his 300 NRL games. I first saw him run over the top of us in 2003 when the Dogs had home games at the Homebush Showground. Hated him. But really cheered him at the two Brookie games I could attend this year. In a lousy year I liked his passion and drive. All the best Willie.

Unfortunate for Willie that he wasn't playing for the roosters last week as he would have got off his shoulder charge

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8