Fatty should resign

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
Paul Vautin should withdraw his services from Channel 9 unless a full apology is issued to the Manly Club. The entire slant by Danny Weidler and the Channel 9 coverage at 6.00pm of the Brett Stewart allegations were a total disgrace.

The intimation was that the club has been a long-time alcohol and misbehaviour offender and an embarrasment to the NRL. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Someone with some clout needs to take a stand against this frenzy-feeding mob of misrepresenting clowns.

I didn't see CH9 News but honestly, who the hell takes any notice of Danny Wierdler ? The guy is a complete moron and a Ranga to boot. He makes his living as a defacto publicist for Mundine and SBW, without them two he wouldn't have anything to report or write about, other then his 3rd boyfriend Willie Mason's latest rantings.

You can guarantee that whatever he is saying is either completely made up, or based on 3rd hand rumour and innuendo. The truth is probably more likely to be the competely opposite of what he is saying.

Weidler - I know what he is like, you know what he is like, all on here know what he is like. But the million others watching the 'news' probably have no idea. Time to take a tough stand.

he said the family was scared Manly fans were going to take revenge on them

then reffered to facebook and someone who wrote "stay strong Brett, we love you" or something like that

I was disgusted at that Danny Weedler report
also said that
Gallop was furious at Watmough for baring his backside at the GF party
and that the Manly GF party was a disgrace

Odd thats the 1st I heard about both those

Spend less time on Manly Gallop, and focus on getting a better television deal you ex News Limited twit.

Sorry guys - I'm just not happy with what he has brokered for this game.

He should have attained at LEAST another 16 million, and given each club 1 million per year extra.

Yes, Weidler is an idiot. But I actually took some positives out of his report:
First, there was no "stairwell". Whatever happened happened at the gate to the unit complex.
Second, Brett Stewart lives in the same complex. ie, that gate is also the gate to his home.
So it looks like - surprise, surprise - the initial reports had significant errors of fact. (Who would have thought it.)

Matabele link said:
And the gate to a unit complex is such a natural and obvious place to rape someone is it not?

Who said anything about rape? The accusations could take many forms, inappropriate touching etc

stick to the reported facts everyone please

Initial Press reports said that the victim ran to a neighbouring unit and screamed for help.

The father of the victim said on the television news that he pulled Stewart off his daughter and then he contacted the neighbour for help.

It is alleged the neighbours heard nothing. The alleged place where the incident took place is in the middle of the unit block's drive way.

Stewart was on his way to his unit. Initial press releases made it sound like he had gone into another unit block stairwell which is incorect.

Dan link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=179439.msg209963#msg209963 date=1236511942]
And the gate to a unit complex is such a natural and obvious place to rape someone is it not?

Who said anything about rape? The accusations could take many forms, inappropriate touching etc

stick to the reported facts everyone please
[/quote]  It is clearly a sarcastic post Dan.  Why would anyone of Stewart's stature try to do anything inappropriate at his front door and out in the open?

I think that Dan is objecting to the word starting with R. There is no such charge - it is a media word. The legal term is sexual assault and there are various degrees! I agree - stick to the facts and assume nothing. The papers are wildly speculative!!!

That is right CW.

Alcohol does funny things to people so we just don;t know but he is innocent until proven guilty in my book, but that doesn't mean we should assume the girl is lying either.

I reckon the way Fatty feels he was treated by the club when he was CEO. I doubt he would be that concerned.

I like Fatty, but he's between a rock and a hard place with his employer.  And it's correct that nobody who knows anything about the league respects anything Weidler says, but there's a lot of people out there who aren't in the know.  The person who loses out of all this is that idiot Gallop.  He has no idea about supportive behaviour and should move on to some Federal sports board or another.  He thrashes about on most issues like a hooked fish with no idea about putting a consistent and positive line and being constructive.  When it's all done and dusted and Gallop has moved on the League should get on and choose an independent boss.     

If the Footy Show is to include Weidler on their show then at the very least questions should be put about the structure of the news report.

Using the best Alan Jones technique they carefully linked a private locked post-GF function with Gallop's concern of alcohol abuse and then immediately linked it with Gould's call for a ban on drinking. The inference was that we were the worst offenders and Gould's stance was a result of Manly's record in this area. Manipulation at its finest.

You're on the money MB.  I see it as a problem from the top, i.e. my favourite whipping boy Gallop.  He seems to lack the ability to be strong on any issue.  He could say, 'look it's a police matter and I won't comment until after the outcome of the investigation'.  But no, he waffles on about responsible drinking, the image of the game, standing down of players, new ads, more money spent, blah,blah, etc.  The guy has no ability to cut through with a simple message and to stay on song.  The more one waffles the more the message becomes muddled and people go of on tangents.  His weakness as a leader of our game opens the void up to other players, i.e Gould and crappy reporters who race in with their leads.  And who can blame them really when we have such a spineless head.       

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6