Fatty to get the chop!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
THE anchor of the NRL vesion of The Footy Show Paul "Fatty" Vautin is expected to be dumped by the Nine network within days.
While rumour today swirled that Vautin had already been axed, he is to meet with channel Nine boss Jeff Browne next week for crisis talks.

The official line is that he is set to discuss his contract ,which expires at the end of the year - however senior sources close to the show said Vautin “is as good as gone”, with his sacking a “forgone conclusion.”

The future of Paul “The Chief” Harragon is also uncertain - however proven star Matt Johns will stay on.

The season finale to be broadcast from the Sydney Entertainment Centre next Thursday will be Fatty’s last for the network.

The former Manly star hinted his future was under a cloud twice during last night’s show, joking with Matt Johns’ alter ego Reg Regan that he should be talking to Channel Seven about a job and later commenting about next year’s show: “…that’s if I’m still here.”

Vautin has been “a sizeable cost” to the network despite taking a pay cut during widespread cost-cutting by the network last year.

He reportedly shaved off as much as $100,000 a year to around $500,000 to hold on to the hosting job.

Anyone see the AFL show last night. Sam got smashed by Jonothon Brown. Not sure if it was set up but Sammy looked pissed.

Lozza has been signed from Fox Sports on megabucks to replace Fatty. Just means that the world is definitely mad now. Sterlo is also rumoured to be axed and heading to Fox Sports. I know who is getting the better deal there.

Daley will need $500kpa to make the repayments on the loan he must have taken out to pay for all that plastic surgery!

Fatty has been a joke for years, it's embarrassing what a head wobble and a "how good am I going" will earn you. The clown at 9 that signed him on that sort of deal needs a good kick up the arse. No wonder they are floundering in the ratings with that sort of brains trust at the helm. To compound their problems they have now signed Lozza who, apart from having the most ridiculous hairstyle of any footy commentator, doesn't even have a proper grasp of the english languauge. I piss myself every time I hear him attempt to work out the proper tense on the words "did" and "done". He should fit right in for the demographic of the footy show, and probably well on his way to a management position at Channel 9, he has the compulsory double digit IQ to qualify.

The way Dalet tries to announce his "Ps" annoys me intensely. He puffs out his schiselled cheeks to make that soft P sound. Looks like a complete chop but I'd imagine he thinks its cool. Very clear he's taught himself to do it that way for some macabre reason.

Speaking of inarticulate, who on earth was silly enough to let boofhead Tallis anywhere near a microphone. He can't get through any individual sentence without mangling it.

Speaking of inarticulate, who on earth was silly enough to let boofhead Tallis anywhere near a microphone. He can't get through any individual sentence without mangling it.

FOX I can understand but how he made the NRL board has me stumped.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8