Favourite grand final moment 2011

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

eagleE

Reserve Grader
In 08, I had clear favourite grand final moments. It was when Beaver scored and when Bell scored the last try and all the players just piled on top of him. I am still trying to work out my favourite play from the 11 grand final. There are the obvious Snakes try, Hoppas flick back to gift Gift a try. Mattai absolutely smashing the Warriors back and proving how tough he is to still play on. Also Ballins dive onto the ball with a few minutes to go and the Warriors attacking our line.

What was your favourite part?

Yea, Hoppa Jnr's flick inside then Gifty's try for mine.

All the things you mentioned I loved too, also Killer's try toward the end to seal the deal.

Manly Warringah Premiers 2011!

Lyons scoring in the last minute. His face expressed the moment of pure joy in scoring a rugby league try. The game was won, yet it still MATTERED to him.
Priceless memories, privileged to be there again to see Manly rise to the top. :heart:

Both DCE's try and the set up of Snake's try both gems he will be a superstar at this mighty club for many a long year. Isn't it nice to be talking about good memories instead of the recent distractions.

the real fortynil said:
Both DCE's try and the set up of Snake's try both gems he will be a superstar at this mighty club for many a long year. Isn't it nice to be talking about good memories instead of the recent distractions.

Agreed. Sitting head on for both you could see the work that DCE was doing. He drew in maloney and put snake away. Then on his own try you could see him take a few glances at the line and waited to open up the gap, then bang he just charges through

Daniel said:
the real fortynil said:

Agreed. Sitting head on for both you could see the work that DCE was doing. He drew in maloney and put snake away. Then on his own try you could see him take a few glances at the line and waited to open up the gap, then bang he just charges through

The fact it happened right in front of us would have a bearing too! :)

ManlyBacker said:
Daniel said:
the real fortynil said:

The fact it happened right in front of us would have a bearing too! :)

well yes that too. But great vision for a young fella

May sound a bit strange lol, but seeing Matai return to the field after that horrendous cut and then seeing the same bloke crying after the game

It showed how far these guys were willing to go to win the game with their mates and what it meant to them afterwards

Also seeing the Big Unit Williams celebrating harder than anyone post match, didn't know he had that in him lol.

manlysister said:
Killers try & killer lifting the trophy. The look on his face in both instances sent chills of pride!

I'm with you manlysister. That look of elation on his battle scared face to score that match ending try and lifting the trophy.

Jethro said:
manlysister said:
Killers try & killer lifting the trophy. The look on his face in both instances sent chills of pride!

I'm with you manlysister. That look of elation on his battle scared face to score that match ending try and lifting the trophy.

Me too. The Killer blow and made the score reflect the dominance.

Kiwi Eagle said:
May sound a bit strange lol, but seeing Matai return to the field after that horrendous cut and then seeing the same bloke crying after the game

It showed how far these guys were willing to go to win the game with their mates and what it meant to them afterwards

Also seeing the Big Unit Williams celebrating harder than anyone post match, didn't know he had that in him lol.

I thought that I saw him cry but then I thought that he may have just had a bit of seepage from his bandage and wiped it away. I never went back for a second look on the recording that I have.

The Stewart brothers during the lap of honour. They seemed so at ease and I'm sure for the first time since 2009 there was nothing negative going through their minds for those 10-15 minutes.

Loved all those moments, but I also liked the reflection of joy in my friends faces as the siren went, and knowing we all had just shared a legendary moment of Manly history.

The storm fan that turned around and gave it to me when the warriors kicked the penalty was good for me! Especially when snake strolled over a minute later.
But killers try was great the euphoria that went with it will forever live in my memory.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4