Favourite moment in the GF?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

KaZa

Bencher
Remember we won the GF this year?

We didnt get to enjoy it supposedly.

What was your favourite moment in the grand final this year. In 08 was hands down Beaver scoring.

2011 - no real standout like that.. but for mine its the try for Cherry Evans. Pretty much knew we had it once he scored.

Snake - broke the duck/got the ball rolling, super pumped and great to see. Great play.

DCE - will always be remembered for the lead up but was a very exciting long range kinda try

Gift - the flick pass is/was talked about as one of the best in GF history (i'll say it was much better and impressive than Benji in 05)

Lyon - last couple of minutes left, on their tryline... i remember willing another try but thought it was the type of game where what was done was done...and then the right side play and our captain crashes over. Was elated but also a tad reserved thanks to the last vid ref call. I think i'll always remember that one (after seeing replays) that it could've been Snake going over from his brother for try no 2 but who could deny Jamie? He deserved it and him lifting the trophy was even better.

But for me one of the biggest moments of the GF was the first 20mins. Comparing to 08 we didn't dominate it as much, it was brutal from both sides (loved it) and i knew it wouldn't be like 40-0. The Warriors to their credit had that aura of being able to come back and make a fist of things.

Man it was still great, a completely different feeling throughout and afterwards compared to 08 or 96... I think i had the same feelings as i did in 87. Except the addition of video refs, slo mo replays and age made it different.

Back to alcohol!

Flick pass to Gift from Hoppa and Gift's grubber for Robbo. Both moments of genius.

Watched the replay today for the first time since being at the game. Was a great day!!

My favourite memory was standing on my chair singing Eagle Rock with my 3 boys! Absolutely priceless.........

Snake's try and me absolutely losing in the stands with my banner..

Also walking down to the front of the MWTS bay at the 78th minute.. I didn't even know about Killer's try.. I just thought it was full time! Then hugging my dad and bawling my eyes out :')

For me the point of the game where you know it's wrapped up. When you do the math in your head and see there's not enough time to lose even if the warriors score immediately etc.

However that kinda does detract from the elation of the tries, magic passes and brutal defensive hits so maybe it's more of a defining moment instead.

Either/or 2011 premiers sits nice :)

That desperate last 15 minutes when the momentum came back our way after 2 warriors tries. To me kite really stood up and made some super impressive tough runs.

Probably the Lyon try as well. It was a great reward for probably our best player all year. It was the final demonstration of the clinical professional aspect of the gf win, and so many others during the season.

There was no detested enemy to get revenge against this time, and the warriors' effort had lots to admire about it. but we didn't make mistakes when we got our chances, and our big players did the things you expect of big players.

The warriors dropped the ball at key moments, taking the pressure off. We showed them that you can't afford to do that against the best teams. They played some great catch up, but we absorbed that. the Lyon try was the confirmation of our deserving victory for the year.

So glad they beat the storm. I think we would have beaten them in an ugly game.

now, the tigers would have been interesting, but they weren't clinical or professional enough to go all the way. still they would have fancied their chances against us. probably the team our side was most worried about...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6