Favourite moments at the races

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
I was thinking recently about some of my more memorable times at the track and one sprung to mine.

Clontaago and I were at Randwick sharing a few beers on Boxing day and and having a punt.

For some unknown reason I took the heaviest Philly in the race for a win, just one of those hail mary drunken bets (or possibly ticking the wrong box :) )

Anyway as the race started Clontaago and I moved closer to track side near the finishing line, and we were screaming on our respective horses to get home.

Instead of yelling the horses name, i took to yelling "Come on you fat bitch" and was oblivious to those around me.

Eventually this fairly rotund woman in front of me turned around and said "excuse me" and I had to explain to her that my horse was a female and the heaviest in the race, she calmed down, and I was nice enough to her and walked away.

Clontaago and I were sitting down and her and her friend came to find us and said "I thought I would give you another chance"

Clontaago pretty much burst out in laughter and I said "No i wasn't trying to hit on you"

she huffed away, but crisis was averted

Remember that one mate?

I sure do mate. Some of the best days I have had have been at the races. That one was a ripper day, Pete's Birthday at Caulfield Cup was a banger, my bucks day last year, the list goes on.

Your bucks day was pretty solid champ.  That day we went to an empty moonee valley, snuck in to the members enclosure and then back the first 5-6 winners between us wasn't bad either.

This will show how old I am.

Probably the most memorable day was at Randwick when I was a 16yo and I had travelled to Sydney with three school friends. We were staying with my aunt who had a flat at the Cross. In those days it was an artist centre along with some sleazy joints.

We went to Randwick and were in the inner, an area that is now just a carpark and opposite the main grandstand, but in those last days of that area they had 40 bookmakers, Tote facilities and a huge crowd. We all backed a 16-1 shot in the last and went down right on the winning post to watch the race. When I say down to the post we were so close you could touch it.

As all these good stories go the horses came down the straight and the hugely popular odds-on shot hit the front and the roar from the stand hit us hard in the face and got louder and louder. Then from nowhere came our horse who raced up on the outside and won by a nostril. The groan from the stand is the lasting memory and all four of us dancing by the winning post must have looked crazy.

Later that night it was on to the Pink Pussycat with a pocket really full of notes. We drank with the navy boys, just avoided a fight with the army boys, copped an eyeful on stage and staggered home. I reckon one of my mates still has the feather that came from the 'salvation army' lass's boa as she pulled him in extra close :)

I used to go to school with Craig Carmody and for those of you that know Craig he has competed in the Melbourne Cup but was better known for his success in Sydney as the most successful rider through the 1990s when he won seven Group One races on the Rod Craig trained Intergaze. Also well known in Hong Kong and Singapore as he is now retired and a country trainer.

We used to skip classes and head off to Canterbury race track every Wednesday.

I also met and dated Bart Cummings niece from SA. Met her on Fairstar the ;) funship.

We were in my cabin discussing what we would do on our day trip out in Suva ;) ;) and I left a shirt hanging on the outside of the door of  my cabin when my mate and some blow in walked in on us. Need I say anymore. (NOT HAPPY JAN)  :'(  :mad: Some mate he turned out to be forgetting the rules we setup.

True story
Me, johnno and dip**** went to Hawkesbury races on OAKS day.
We punted OK and had a good kitty.
Last race we all backed Hawkes' horse-it got up.
johnno-a big unit- was yelling get up you wog c*** all the way down the straight (el garoochi or something).....IT WON.
We heckled Munce  ( called him monkey munce) on the second horse.
Went to collect and 5 or 6 Wogs who heard our succinct call of the race were there to remonstrate.....lots of blood and knuckles lol.
We eventually collected and made our way to the safe haven of richmond PUB.
Ran into the Immortal Mal Johnston (Miracle)
We got chatting and ended up raising him above our shoulders and politely running amok with him...photos available!

We had a ball with Mal-Karaoke-bailed Mal out of his gambling debt and fled into the night....
Mal bought us dinner and took us to meet some smoking hot " friends" he had known lol

What a ****in night-Mal the legend Manly boy!!!!!

part 2 soon.....

At Flemington when the Diva won her 3rd cup. Every bet that day either won or placed. Knowing that i had a train ticket home, I then placed every single cent i had in my wallet on the great mare at $4.80..

Good times

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6