Favourites ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

simon64

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Not looking through maroon and white glasses, can anyone deny the Rooters favouritism for this year's premiership ?

I know there's still 5 rounds to go, but they are starting to look very ominous. What they did to Penrith last night with no Money Bill was ridiculous.

Granted, the Riff are not exactly premiership threats, but they're no Parramatta.

Those Rooters supporters are starting to get cocky (pun intended) and it's getting bloody annoying.

The last time they beat quality opposition was us, and that was when Foz pulled out with sickness, and Snake's first game back and they only beat us by 6. A week later, they would've been in trouble.

They look good at the moment, but Semi Finals footy is totally different. It will be interesting to see how Pearce goes under the pump. Personally I think they will not win the comp. Us, Souths or Storm will win it.

I do think the Roosters and Rabbits are just a rung above us currently in terms of how we are playing. Those 2 definitely deserve to be up there. My family are all Roosters fans so I watch most of their games.

I think semi final experience could hurt, their wingers are very inexperienced (Shek and Tupou), although they are quality players. And Shaun Kenny-Dowall is prone to some ordinary games (and defensive lapses).

Their halves are playing well and both being natural ball players and kickers gives the defense some guessing games. Their forwards are looking pretty good, and the most valuable is that Jake Friend, very very underrated. But a real little terrier.

And finally I think Boyd Cordner is quality, runs superb lines.

^ Yeah, Friend has improved dramatically over the last two seasons. He's now easily one of the best dummy halves in the comp. He really drives that monster pack very well.
That said, I hate the Roosters more than I hate almost all the other teams. Hope they choke the chicken:)

We were favourites leading into last year's finals. It means nothing.

In fact one advantage we have over the Chooks and Bunnies is that we have that lesson fresh in our minds.

The Roosters and Rabbits are going very well, if they can keep that form into the finals they will be very hard to beat.

I just can't wait to see Choc, Fa'aoso and Matai put the hurt on those pommy Burgess gobs and then back it up with a thumping on JWH and SBW. It's gona rock the finals series.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6