Features and Settings of Silvertails

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Hi all.

There are a whole lot of options and features in Silvertails that people don't know about so I want to cover them off through this thread as I get asked about them and answer them.

Tag users
This feature lets you tag a user in your post, this will then send them a PM directing them to this post so they can read it, it's a get their attention type feature. You can do this by using the @ icon in the new post screen or by using @[username]

Friendly Redirect
This setting under UserCP >> Edit Options allows you to choose whether you see the page between posts that says "Your post has been saved and you are now being redirected" etc. You can turn this on and off, if you turn it off, it will redirect you straight to the post when you save items rather than this page.

The exception to this is users with less than 15 (this is under review) posts. Those users will be forced to this page for close to 10 seconds each time they make a post or thread. The reason for this is to try to weed out trolls and spam and slow them down.

I am considering making this a required page to because it can be used to display vital information.

.....more to come

Hi all.

There are a whole lot of options and features in Silvertails that people don't know about so I want to cover them off through this thread as I get asked about them and answer them.

Tag users
This feature lets you tag a user in your post, this will then send them a PM directing them to this post so they can read it, it's a get their attention type feature. You can do this by using the @ icon in the new post screen or by using @[username]

Friendly Redirect
This setting under UserCP >> Edit Options allows you to choose whether you see the page between posts that says "Your post has been saved and you are now being redirected" etc. You can turn this on and off, if you turn it off, it will redirect you straight to the post when you save items rather than this page.

The exception to this is users with less than 15 (this is under review) posts. Those users will be forced to this page for close to 10 seconds each time they make a post or thread. The reason for this is to try to weed out trolls and spam and slow them down.

I am considering making this a required page to because it can be used to display vital information.

.....more to come

@[Daniel]

Test:

She sells sea shells in seychelles

Damn hobo

@[globaleagle]

What noise annoys an oyster?
Any noise annoys and oyster!
But a noisy noise annoys an oyster most

@[globaleagle]

What noise annoys an oyster?
Any noise annoys and oyster!
But a noisy noise annoys an oyster most

cool, it works. Actually i did the @ [username] first. I'll just assume the @ in the new reply thingy works too.

Oh, people may have to enable cookies to do the second type.

@[bones] and @[Daniel]

A woodchuck couldn't chuck chuck norris.

How much wood would the woodburn burn, if the woodburn would burn woodburn's wood?

You northern rivers people would know where woodburn is.

crap - make sure you put the 'and' in between user names!

cool, it works. Actually i did the @ [username] first. I'll just assume the @ in the new reply thingy works too.

Oh, people may have to enable cookies to do the second type.

@[bones] and @[Daniel]

A woodchuck couldn't chuck chuck norris.

How much wood would the woodburn burn, if the woodburn would burn woodburn's wood?

You northern rivers people would know where woodburn is.

crap - make sure you put the 'and' in between user names!

always needs to be a space between them

always needs to be a space between them

bones said:
@[Daniel] and @[globaleagle]

How much wood could a woodchuck chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck Norris

What about a feature with a 'Suri' type that comes on the screen and answers any Sea Eagles related question. :p

Suri: Do you prefer Tom or Katie?

bones said:
@[Daniel] and @[globaleagle]

How much wood could a woodchuck chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck Norris

What about a feature with a 'Suri' type that comes on the screen and answers any Sea Eagles related question. :p

Suri: Do you prefer Tom or Katie?

@[bones] @[globaleagle]

Maybe this wasn't such a good idea

I wonder if I should reveal the
/me thinks it was a bad idea to reveal these :)
/slap globaleagle as well

@[bones] @[globaleagle]

Maybe this wasn't such a good idea

I wonder if I should reveal the
/me thinks it was a bad idea to reveal these :)
/slap globaleagle as well

us / me
and

/ slap username

to do the two above but without the space between the / and the word

us / me
and

/ slap username

to do the two above but without the space between the / and the word

lol - hey where's my closed bracket?

I'm tagged-less

Stevo said: