Features and Settings of Silvertails

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
@Clint - wtf is going on here.. I don't understand this at all... must be friday arvo..time for a beer

You can't tag yourself and you need to use the square brackets
[]

so for me you would write @[Daniel]

You can't tag yourself and you need to use the square brackets
[]

so for me you would write @[Daniel]

Daniel said:
Hi all.

There are a whole lot of options and features in Silvertails that people don't know about so I want to cover them off through this thread as I get asked about them and answer them.

Tag users
This feature lets you tag a user in your post, this will then send them a PM directing them to this post so they can read it, it's a get their attention type feature. You can do this by using the @ icon in the new post screen or by using @[username]

Friendly Redirect
This setting under UserCP >> Edit Options allows you to choose whether you see the page between posts that says "Your post has been saved and you are now being redirected" etc. You can turn this on and off, if you turn it off, it will redirect you straight to the post when you save items rather than this page.

The exception to this is users with less than 15 (this is under review) posts. Those users will be forced to this page for close to 10 seconds each time they make a post or thread. The reason for this is to try to weed out trolls and spam and slow them down.

I am considering making this a required page to because it can be used to display vital information.

.....more to come

Spoiler
Just a bit of info that may be of interest when anybody wants to post a spoiler thread, you can hide the score from view in your post. For example, if you want to hide the score "Manly 40 - Storm 0", you type:

"[spoiler ]Manly 40 - Storm 0[/spoiler ]"

(but without the quotation marks and the spaces after typing "spoiler" and before the "]" )

it will come up in your post as:

Manly 40 - Storm 0

Daniel said:
Hi all.

There are a whole lot of options and features in Silvertails that people don't know about so I want to cover them off through this thread as I get asked about them and answer them.

Tag users
This feature lets you tag a user in your post, this will then send them a PM directing them to this post so they can read it, it's a get their attention type feature. You can do this by using the @ icon in the new post screen or by using @[username]

Friendly Redirect
This setting under UserCP >> Edit Options allows you to choose whether you see the page between posts that says "Your post has been saved and you are now being redirected" etc. You can turn this on and off, if you turn it off, it will redirect you straight to the post when you save items rather than this page.

The exception to this is users with less than 15 (this is under review) posts. Those users will be forced to this page for close to 10 seconds each time they make a post or thread. The reason for this is to try to weed out trolls and spam and slow them down.

I am considering making this a required page to because it can be used to display vital information.

.....more to come

Spoiler
Just a bit of info that may be of interest when anybody wants to post a spoiler thread, you can hide the score from view in your post. For example, if you want to hide the score "Manly 40 - Storm 0", you type:

"[spoiler ]Manly 40 - Storm 0[/spoiler ]"

(but without the quotation marks and the spaces after typing "spoiler" and before the "]" )

it will come up in your post as:

Manly 40 - Storm 0

Stevo said:
@[globaleagle]

Are you drunk? Tell the truth!!

@[Stevo]
That was an outrageous accusation!

where's nicci's ban hammer when you need her?

That's right, slipping up on the job already!!!!

lol ;)

However as aspersions have been unfairly cast upon my sobriety, let me state that I was, at that time of posting jober as a sudge.

Ah poop, sober as a judge!

I get accused of being drunk and or high here a lot! You guys need to know that I am just that weird a writer!

The worst mod on this forum is:
I love youse all

Stevo said:
@[globaleagle]

Are you drunk? Tell the truth!!

@[Stevo]
That was an outrageous accusation!

where's nicci's ban hammer when you need her?

That's right, slipping up on the job already!!!!

lol ;)

However as aspersions have been unfairly cast upon my sobriety, let me state that I was, at that time of posting jober as a sudge.

Ah poop, sober as a judge!

I get accused of being drunk and or high here a lot! You guys need to know that I am just that weird a writer!

The worst mod on this forum is:
I love youse all

^drunken git

hey admin type dude...

activate

[warning] abc [/warning]

!!!!

^drunken git

hey admin type dude...

activate

[warning] abc [/warning]

!!!!

C'mon, we need some more cool stuff!

Y'know, cool internet geeky type thingies.

Like so we can impress people.

Or house pets.

Ok I got nuttin but just needed your heartrates to rise when you read you've been taaaaaaaged!

spoiler!

@[Daniel]
@[bones]
@[Stevo]
@[Clint]

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8