Feeder system : Mountain Creek High soaring like an eagle

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

deadlyeagle

Reserve Grader
Mountain Creek High soaring like an eagle
12:00a.m. 21st November 2008
http://www.thedaily.com.au/news/2008/nov/21/mountain-creek-high-soaring-eagle/

| By Peter Gardiner

Mountain Creek State High is now officially Manly Sea Eagles Junior Central as far as the student’s rugby league fortunes are concerned.

One of the Sunshine Coast’s great breeding grounds for league has forged formal links with the NRL premiers and its new Queensland Cup feeder club the Sunshine Coast Sea Eagles.

Manly’s main man on the Coast, Dennis Moore, will personally oversee the Mountain Creek rugby league school of excellence program to ensure a production line of youngsters prepared to wear the club colours.

And the word is already out with rugby league player managers who have already contacted Sunshine Coast Sea Eagles CEO Brett Winkler about enrolling promising youngsters at the school. There are 100 places available a year – 20 for each of the five age-year levels.

“We are getting player managers ringing up making inquiries about the school – and I have personally shown one of them around.”

Moore and Sea Eagles Queensland Cup coach Brandon Costin were at the school yesterday to announce six-year-old program’s new direction.

“I’ll be working with the coaches at Mountain Creek High and doing some sessions with them,” he said.

Moore said he was determined to ensure the students had some interaction with the Manly NRL players.

“We’re working on player availability out of Sydney to come up her and work with Brandon’s team, and when that eventuates, there’ll be a flow-on from to here,” he said.

“I’d like nothing more than to bring a Jamie Lyon to training here with the boys. It’s beneficial to us to have these boys coming through.”

Moore described the new arrangement as “the perfect marriage”.

“They (the students) can stay here, do their schooling, go into the workforce – whatever they need to do and still have a chance at the NRL without leaving the area.”

The question must be why Manly never introduced the same program at one of the local schools on the northern beaches?

tookey link said:
The question must be why Manly never introduced the same program at one of the local schools on the northern beaches?

Too many people muddying the waters mate.

Get out into a known Rugby League gold mine and pretty much untapped. A whole new resource as well as the locals!

Extending the brand beyond the local area is a good move!

It's also awesome that, being so close, I can get down and at least see people running around in the Manly colours

tookey link said:

Isn't Narrabeen High some sort of high performance sports school?  Not sure if Manly or League in general has a strong presence there.

The Wheel link said:
[quote author=tookey link=topic=178946.msg203597#msg203597 date=1227746269]

Isn't Narrabeen High some sort of high performance sports school?  Not sure if Manly or League in general has a strong presence there.
[/quote]

Narrabeen is a sports high but I know a few of the manly matthews and flegg players also come from Freshwater high.  They seem to have players at all schools instead of just saying that narrabeen is Manl'y's sports academy. 

It just seems strange that they arrange this venture with a gold coast school but have neglected their own backyard. 

Possibly this is why union is so strong on the beaches?

Narrabeen Sports High has a number of elite programmes but I am not sure that League is one of them. Maybe Manly could support a partnership program in the school, linked with the Academy at Narrabeen?

tookey link said:
[quote author=The Wheel link=topic=178946.msg203601#msg203601 date=1227750237]
[quote author=tookey link=topic=178946.msg203597#msg203597 date=1227746269]

[/quote]

Narrabeen is a sports high but I know a few of the manly matthews and flegg players also come from Freshwater high.  They seem to have players at all schools instead of just saying that narrabeen is Manl'y's sports academy. 

It just seems strange that they arrange this venture with a gold coast school but have neglected their own backyard. 

Possibly this is why union is so strong on the beaches?
[/quote]

Union has always been very strong on the beaches in actuall fact that is one of the main reasons why it had taken the Manly Club longer to get into the NRL because Union dominated the beachline and the local councils were all Pro Union instead of league. go to the manly seagles website and have a good read.

Since then however, League has domminated more than Union, of course with a professional team in the NRL . But lets say hypothetically that tomorrow there was no Manly club well then i really would not be surprised if Union really grew in strength along the coastline, heck i would rather suport Warringah rats or Manly in union than support eels or buldogs.

Narrabeen Sports High was where all my stoner mates from High School went

This can only be a good thing for the Manly club but wasn't there talk of Manly pulling out of their new sister club deal with Sunshine Coast some weeks back ?

yeah there are talks because the council are dragging their feet on the new ground etc up here.

Apparently the council are saying that's bs though, but councils always say that

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7