Ferris gone

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

the mauler

Bencher
Tooves said in the presser that Ferris has done his knee again, and Is gone for the season.
Absolutely shocking news, he was really starting to find his feet again.

Manly Sea Eagles forward Jamie Buhrer likely out for season with knee injury
  • Date April 25, 2015 - 9:27PM Roy Ward

• 1429961629118.jpg

Manly's Jamie Buhrer tackles Mahe Fonua of the Storm to the ground. Photo: Getty Images

Manly Sea Eagles forward Jamie Buhrer is expected to miss the rest of the NRL season after injuring his knee against Melbourne Storm on Saturday night.

The second-rower, who has had previous knee problems, went down midway through the second half and was carried from the field straight to the change rooms as his side pulled out a late 12-10 win at AAMI Park.

Sea Eagles coach Geoff Toovey said post game the early information was that Buhrer had seriously injured his knee and wouldn't be back this season.

"It's not very good news, initially it looks like he has done his other cruciate - possibly," Toovey said.

"That's very bad news for him and the team.

"I thought he had a great game and was outstanding.

"The initial prognosis is he has done his cruciate and will be done for the year - very tragic."

Toovey also praised the work of captain Brett Stewart who returned from a groin injury and played a key role in the Sea Eagles' second half turnaround by marshalling his players during the half time break.

"Credit to Brett - even before I had got to the sheds they had spoken about how we had to do better with the ball and had been making too many mistakes," Toovey said.

"Fortunately for us in the second half we were 18 from 20 [sets] - they really turned it around, listened to their captain and responded."

Stewart said his side fixed their errors and boosted their defence - two key areas which fuelled their comeback.

"We made a few errors in the first half and we knew if we responded to that then we would challenge them," Stewart said.

Stewart said he felt fine after his return game and he was also happy to see half back Daly Cherry-Evans set up the match-winning try for David Williams.

"It was nice footy actually - some of them [passes] come off at training and sometimes they don't in games," he said.

"I was pretty confident in Chez's ability and it was good to see Wolfie [Williams] have a good game, it was good to see him back."

Both Stewart and Sea Eagles centre Steve Matai were placed on report during the game for apparent high tackles but Toovey said he couldn't say if he was concerned about either incident as he wasn't even sure why his players were reported.

"I couldn't even figure out what they were for," Toovey said.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...-season-with-knee-injury-20150425-1mt8rq.html

He knew when he did it. I can't comment on whether he came back too soon. He certainly played as well as anyone I have ever seen come back from a reconstruction so I guess that's a positive.

Another positive is that this is going to be a scraping and grinding year for Manly so he can sit this one out and get himself right to captain us to the 2016 premiership.

Love the bloke great player totally underrated and wish him a speedy recovery.

That really is terrible new for Buhrer and for manly

Do you think 2v will play both Ball in for his tackling and Hodges as hooker? Buhrer does so much defence and there is no one that gets close except Ballin.

He knew when he did it. I can't comment on whether he came back too soon. He certainly played as well as anyone I have ever seen come back from a reconstruction so I guess that's a positive.

Another positive is that this is going to be a scraping and grinding year for Manly so he can sit this one out and get himself right to captain us to the 2016 premiership.

Love the bloke great player totally underrated and wish him a speedy recovery.

Its the other knee I believe, not the one that was injured last year. So you never know.

I think Lui held us together in the forwards and stopped our run of five losses looknt embarrassing. He would have a spot in any Manly 17 I would pick from this year. He has earned it. But wasn't great tonight.

If anyone suggests MKC or Hasson as a replacement for Ferris I'm gonna crawl through the internet and bitch slap them with a dead fish.

Ferris has become the workhorse of this team and after taking a couple of weeks to find his feet again this year was starting to run into form.

This is rotten luck for the kid because he doesn't deserve it.

This is terrible news. I really feel for ferris, he has been great for us the last 2 yrs.

On the bright side, he will have a long time to recover. So he should be super strong in 2016.

Wonder if he had a LARS method. My Physio told me they are known to fail.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4