FFS, Another Monday game

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Round 10

Friday 14 May

Bulldogs vs Dragons ANZ Stadium 7.35pm live NSW
Broncos vs Titans Suncorp 7.35pm live QLD

Saturday15 May

Warriors vs Cowboys Mt Smart Stadium 5.30pm live Fox Sports 2
Roosters vs Knights Bluetongue Stadium 7.30 live fox sports 2
Raiders vs Storm Canberra Stadium 9.30 fox sports 2.

Sunday 16 May

Wests Tigers vs Souths SCG 2pm fox sports live
Sharks vs Panthers Toyota Stadium Ch 9

Monday 17 May

Manly vs Eels Brookvale 7pm live Fox Sports 2

RD 11

May 21

Friday

Knights vs Tigers Energy Australia 7.35 live Ch 9

Saturday 22 May

Eels vs Sharks Parramatta Stadium 7.30 live fox sports 2

Sunday 23

Warriors vs Souths Mt Smart Stadium 4pm live fox sports
Dragons vs Raiders Win 4pm Ch 9

Monday

Panthers vs Bulldogs CUA Stadium 7pm live fox sports 2

The have got toe be kidding, the Monday games would be costing the club a fortune

So no Sunday 3pm games or Friday night Games?

Manly V Parra would have been a block buster

It adds weight to the argument that teams who do not appear in the 9 games deserve a large slice of the TV pie. There was an argument on radio the other day regarding this where the Canberra chief exec was arguing for the same

Think about our sponsors V Steggles for the roosters

Take away the humping they got on the weekend – they have been on 9 every week....much more exposure etc

At the end of the year the teams who miss out on the exposure should be compensated

The biggeset game of retro round?!!!!!!???

Manly & Parra!!!!

This load of sh1t will send us broke. Parra is one of the home games the club would pencil in for 17K plus. Now we'll be lucky to get 13K.

Matabele link said:
Will Lowe make a noise?
i doubt it.
i think i said this before but i think it may have something to do with the NZtv deal.
do they get the Monday night games live?
if so lowe will not say a word.

inside pass link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=182868.msg257540#msg257540 date=1269930747]
Will Lowe make a noise?
i doubt it.
i think i said this before but i think it may have something to do with the NZtv deal.
do they get the Monday night games live?
if so lowe will not say a word.
[/quote]

Has nothing to do with that at all. The games are delayed, not live

Channel 9 get to pick the 1st 2 games, 1 has to feature a mob from Qld, then Fox gets 3rd pick which is the monday game. So basically I can see how it has come about, Bulldogs v Dragons is a big game and Fox saw ours as the next best. Still hate mondays though

lsz link said:
At the end of the year the teams who miss out on the exposure should be compensated

NRL throw financial muscle behind promotion of Monday night games

March 27, 2010 .The NRL will pay clubs $40,000 for hosting Monday night matches in a move designed to help increase attendances for the final game of the weekly round.

The $1 million investment was announced on Saturday, and the NRL said the money will be used to support promotion of matches and offset some of the challenges clubs face attracting crowds for the fixtures.

"Monday Night Football has become an important part of the week for all fans but there is no doubt that it presents some challenges at times in terms of scheduling for clubs,'' said NRL chief executive David Gallop in a statement.

"Monday night attracts a different fan base from some of our other timeslots and, while the crowds have been encouraging, we have always recognised that it is a long term proposition to consistently deliver crowd averages as strong as those on Friday night, Saturday night or Sunday afternoon.

"The extra investment in Monday night football is a reminder of the commitment we have to the timeslot and to the clubs who play such a role in its success.''

AAP

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,26908304-5018866,00.html

What could possibly justify the dopey dragons getting all Friday night games for the first 6 rounds whilst the rest of the competition slugs it out in the 35C heat? Channel 9s trying to keep them fresh so they dont collapse like a bunch of card when it comes to the finals (again). HAHA.

$40000 is 1600 people through the turnstyles paying $25 each, if my maths is correct.  The 40K looks like paltry compensation.   

DSM5 link said:
$40000 is 1600 people through the turnstyles paying $25 each, if my maths is correct.  The 40K looks like paltry compensation.   
And that's before you start to look at merchandise, food and grog etc.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6