fighting fund

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Thehill

Reserve Grader
This may well be premature BUT who out of all forum users would be willing to contribute to a fighting fund to keep any players that have the option to leave with des. I for one would be more than happy to give$10 a month to keep these blokes.

I know its a big call but let's be honest, without the stewarts, foran and cherry Evans this club won't win, and won't survive.

I assume this wouldn't be part of the salary cap.

Thehill said:
This may well be premature BUT who out of all forum users would be willing to contribute to a fighting fund to keep any players that have the option to leave with des. I for one would be more than happy to give$10 a month to keep these blokes.

I know its a big call but let's be honest, without the stewarts, foran and cherry Evans this club won't win, and won't survive.

I assume this wouldn't be part of the salary cap.

We have won and survived without the Stewarts, Foran, Cherry Evans and Des.

the supporters could form their own third party organisation, the new thoroughbreds. what would we call this new syndicate and i wonder if we can get a few rich manly supporters to join in like hugh jackman just to name one.

Bloody hell..the forum has gone mad. I'm going to clock off and not going to come back here until after the club make there announcement tomorrow...

I was thinking of a 'fighting fund' to save Des.

What about a pledge from as many supporters as possible to make sure Bob Reilly or whoever, is responsible for Des leaving be ousted ASAP?

Ok I will go and sell my basketball card collection, it has to be worth at least 100 bucks...

Be better to put in place for Manly lower grades. This years been a bit of worry for the future if you ask me both the U20s and NSW Cup sides both won the wooden spoon.
Some ESL teams have it ie Bradford and Leeds

Its an excellent idea. I'll volunteer my services. Please send all monies to:

Masked Eagle
c/o ENRON
NIGERIAN EMBASSY

eagles2win said:
Be better to put in place for Manly lower grades. This years been a bit of worry for the future if you ask me both the U20s and NSW Cup sides both won the wooden spoon.

So are you saying you like the idea of a fighting fund but the money raised should go towards the Under 20's and NSW Cup sides?

Nope. We have been through worse, and this great club has come through with shining lights. As sad as things may be no one is bigger or better than the club. Great players and coaches may come and go, but us fans and the Mighty eagles will always remain. If DES goes he has served us well. We have another great hopefully coming back next year hopefully(cliffy), so let's get him ready just in case.

Brooke said:
eagles2win said:

So are you saying you like the idea of a fighting fund but the money raised should go towards the Under 20's and NSW Cup sides?

Yes.
Know the Bradford guys sponsored the Burgess twins (Thomas and George) for a couple of seasons and when the twin that stayed in England made his top grade debut he still was (heard his the better of the two and could be better then Sam), but they can't afford to sponsor him next season so will go down to the Bradford 20s and find another good player.

If its done right it can be beneficial for both supporters and player a like.
Supporter gets to do something like a golf day or BBQ with the player.
Player gets to learn first hand what the club means to people

If we did this. Probably a player that we'd want to keep is Stromquest. Outside backs come and go but quality props that play big minutes are in short supply

Manly Daley said:
Masked eagle
Do you have the account number and BSB?

Credit card would be much quicker and more secure. I can run the transaction for you right away.
Please supply the following information
- Card type (eg; Visa or Mastercard)
- 16 digit card no.
- Expiry date
- Last 3 digits on the back of the card
- Name of card holder
- Billing address (so I can send you a receipt :D)

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4