Finals Campaign

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

When do people think we will playing finals footy again

• This year

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • Next year

Votes: 32 62.7%
  • 2-3 years time

Votes: 9 17.6%
  • 4 years time

Votes: 3 5.9%

• Total voters

davohan123

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Just a simple thread

I want to know how long before people on here think we will be playing finals football again.

I think personally we will be in the bottom 8 for a few seasons and will be playing again finals footy in 2-3 years time.

This is what makes our team so great knowing that your club does pounce back from hard times and then goes on massive periods of dominance which we have just experienced over the last decade or so.

I voted this year because I simply refuse to give up on this team until its mathematically over.

We have a bye next which we should win, then the Tigers at home which should be even easier. Then Souths away. That's the game - if we can jag that season back on.

NYEagle

Manly is still in it thanks to the clustered ladder :)

Once the BYE is over, we get back to alternate games at Brookie. Manly had 7 weeks away, so it would have strained relationships within the group and at home.

Having rd 21 at Gosford is crazy as its a Rabbid stronghold @:cool:

I voted this year because I simply refuse to give up on this team until its mathematically over.

We have a bye next which we should win, then the Tigers at home which should be even easier. Then Souths away. That's the game - if we can jag that season back on.

NYEagle
That will be in about 3 weeks time

2015 I am afraid is the year we had to have as its going to flush out all of the negativity of the last 2 years and set us up to be a force in 2016. The club is setting things up nicely for next year and I think once we have a UNITED team again where everyone is on the same page we will do fine. Out of the train wreck of this season we have seen the emergence of future leaders coming through. It will be all good.

Manly is still in it thanks to the clustered ladder :)

Once the BYE is over, we get back to alternate games at Brookie. Manly had 7 weeks away, so it would have strained relationships within the group and at home.

Having rd 21 at Gosford is crazy as its a Rabbid stronghold @:cool:

If you have a look at draw the rabbits game is scheduled for brookvale oval while the Broncos game is the game with the TBA venue.

And further evidence if you go to the Ticketmaster website all our home games for brookvale are listed and the broncos game is not which shows us that this is the home game being taken away from brookvale.

If you have heard otherwise I would like to see where from. But I do agree with your post , I have hated the last few years taking our Souths home game up to Gosford, we have basically given Souths an extra home game each year with the support they get up there.

Last edited:
If you have a look at draw the rabbits game is scheduled for brookvale oval while the Broncos game is the game with the TBA venue.
If you have heard otherwise I would like to see where from. But I do agree with your post , I have hated the last few years taking our Souths home game up to Gosford, we have basically given Souths an extra home game each year with the support they get up there.

Just got an email saying the broncs game is at gosford.

round 21.

the exact date tbc. tbc? does the nrl still do this? Nrl mgt are the dial up people in a fibre optic world.

edit: And this year for finals :)

Just got an email saying the broncs game is at gosford.

round 21.

the exact date tbc. tbc? does the nrl still do this? Nrl mgt are the dial up people in a fibre optic world.

edit: And this year for finals :)
If the club is smart they'll let 3 & 6 game Manly membership holders use their passes at Gosford otherwise we'll be looking at an even worse crowd turning up. Even if Broncos are still near the top of the ladder they'll be lucky to get a more than a couple of hundred Broncos supporters to the game. Can't understand why we don't play the Knights at Gosford anymore??

I would think we would be some chance of beating the Bronocs at Brookvale. However the idiots running the show prefer to take the Gosford money ahead of enhancing the team's desperate chances.

I voted next year, we should have a competitive forward pack next year which should help, hopefully Tommy is a regular starter next year also put Taufua in the backrow off the bench.

Code to access pre-sale: Manly2015

Membership Packages with entry to Central Coast Stadium
  • Golden Wings members are entitled to one Category 1 seat
  • 3-Game White Wings, Country Wings and Next Generation Upgrade Members will be granted General Admission access

If you have any questions, please contact the Membership Team on (02) 9970 3000.

I voted next year, we should have a competitive forward pack next year which should help, hopefully Tommy is a regular starter next year also put Taufua in the backrow off the bench.

Taufua cant tackle on the wing so i cant imagine him being any better in the forwards.

Sure he can bring off a hit, so can Sandow, but Ron Coote he isn't.

Last edited:
2015 I am afraid is the year we had to have as its going to flush out all of the negativity of the last 2 years and set us up to be a force in 2016. The club is setting things up nicely for next year and I think once we have a UNITED team again where everyone is on the same page we will do fine. Out of the train wreck of this season we have seen the emergence of future leaders coming through. It will be all good.
My prediction - We will bottom out this year and be better next year but still miss the finals ..... the year after we will be back.

Taufua cant tackle on the wing so i cant imagine him being any better in the forwards.

Sure he can bring off a hit, so can Sandow, but Ron Coote he isn't.
True, in that case he needs to be dropped from the team altogether then. Tommy must be in the side imo.

I think we will scrape into the 8 this year and get knocked out early in the finals. Next year will be similar. Our backs aren't getting any younger although forwards might improve a bit in 2016.
Tom, Jake, Gutherson etc are our future and expect these guys to come a long way over the next 12 months.
We need to blood some more youth if we aren't going to make the finals. Surely there are quality players in NYC or lower grades who could step up and deliver. If not, nothing will be lost as we are coming last.

Next year for sure. History repeats itself. '77 we were stuffed by the loss of Fulton, but come 78' our champion team, Our Invincibles won the comp in the gutsy, magic, victory over Face slapping and head kicking "6 matches in 24 days" legend creating proto type.

We need to win another 9 games to be any chance of making the top 8. To flip that around it means we can only lose three more games. In the next 3 weeks we play Tigers (H), Bunnies (A) and Sharks (H). If we don't win 2 out of those three then we are stuffed. If we lose 2 or more, then regardless of the mathematical possibilities we are no chance.

There is no doubt we have a better 2nd half of the seasons draw, but I just can't see us winning 9 games now that we have developed the losing mentality.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6