Finals footy: as things stand now

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

simon_eagle

Reserve Grader
If I have read correctly, we could end up playing both the Bulldogs and the Storm (or Rabbitohs) just to make the GF.

Assuming the top 5 finishes like this:

1 Bulldogs
2 Storm
3 Rabbits
4 Sea Eagles
5 Cowboys

Our first match would be against the Bulldogs, and assuming we lose that match, we will then meet the winner of 5 or 8 which would be the Cowboys.

If victorious in that game, we would then play the Storm in the preliminary final - assuming, of course that the Storm win their first finals game against the 3rd place team (Rabbits).

If the Rabbits beat the Storm in the 2-3 game, then we will then surely play them in the prelim final.

----
However, if we beat the Bulldogs in week one, we go straight to the prelim final and will play -- most probably -- the Rabbits. A much easier task.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nrl/the-nrls-new-finals-system-rewards-top-four-teams/story-e6frfgbo-1226449573782

Hi Simon,

with all due respect, the first part of your post is superfluous to our needs.
We will beat the Bulldogs in week 1. ;)

So to Simon and anyone else, who would we prefer to play in the 1st week - the Dogs at ANZ or the Storm at AAMI?

I'm inclined to think the Dogs.

ALinda said:
So to Simon and anyone else, who would we prefer to play in the 1st week - the Dogs at ANZ or the Storm at AAMI?

We play to our full potential we will beat either of them anywhere anytime.

Storm are very ordinary atm,dogs have won 12 in a row.no contest.

give me the scum anytime.yesterday they fell in against a team who has lost 6 in a row via a knock on,a bomb and a deflection.This after losing 5 in a row,beating a spoon contender at home and limping over the line with the pinkies help at home against titans.they are waiting to be put to the sword and we will do it.

susan said:
Storm are very ordinary atm,dogs have won 12 in a row.no contest.

give me the scum anytime.yesterday they fell in against a team who has lost 6 in a row via a knock on,a bomb and a deflection.This after losing 5 in a row,beating a spoon contender at home and limping over the line with the pinkies help at home against titans.they are waiting to be put to the sword and we will do it.

I agree 100%

Brookvale said:
I think we will play and beat the purple cheats in melbin

Manly have a chance to finish in second spot, but the for-against could see us held to third.

So its looking more like another interstate trip for the Manly Boys and the MWTS.

We haven't beaten the Scum at AAMI yet, so its another Manly first that I am looking forward to:angel:

BTW Does anyone know what days the Finals will be played? Would make the cost of the flights at least cheaper.

1 v 4 -??
2 v 3 -
5 v 8 -
6 v 7 -

We want to play the Dogs so we can actually make it to the game. We will beat whoever we play.

HappilyManly said:
Brookvale said:
I think we will play and beat the purple cheats in melbin

Manly have a chance to finish in second spot, but the for-against could see us held to third.

So its looking more like another interstate trip for the Manly Boys and the MWTS.

We haven't beaten the Scum at AAMI yet, so its another Manly first that I am looking forward to:angel:

BTW Does anyone know what days the Finals will be played? Would make the cost of the flights at least cheaper.

1 v 4 -??
2 v 3 -
5 v 8 -
6 v 7 -

Pretty sure it's:
1v4 - Friday
5v8 - Sat
6v7 - Sat
2v3 - Sun

So it'll either be Fri or Sun.

Personally I think the Dogs in Sydney is the much preferred option.

Get to stay home, sleep in their own beds but, much more importantly, the fans can get to the game and support the boys. What support would be get in Melbourne?

mmmdl said:
Personally I think the Dogs in Sydney is the much preferred option.

importantly, the fans can get to the game and support the boys. What support would we get in Melbourne?

That's exactly why I'd prefer to play the Dogs - much more vocal support here than in Melbourne......and we get to be there.

ALinda said:

Storm at AAMI. No question.

Having said that, at full strength we can and should be anybody.

ALinda said:

simon_eagle said:
ALinda said:

can I ask why?

Our record there is atrocious - 1/6. Equal worst number of wins there of any team with Canberra and the Titans.

simon_eagle said:
ALinda said:

can I ask why?

Our record there is atrocious - 1/6. Equal worst number of wins there of any team with Canberra and the Titans.

Playing the storm puts us on the other side of draw to the dogs so the hasler dogs v the mighty eagles gf we all want would be very likely.

Playing the storm puts us on the other side of draw to the dogs so the hasler dogs v the mighty eagles gf we all want would be very likely.

susan said:

Except I don't want the Dogs anywhere near the grand final:)

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6