finals mind games

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I don't watch the crappy footy Show but just accidentally saw Gasnier there saying he thought Manly were gone and they look busted.

Of course that is exactly how we look but it is very unusual for a player to come out and bag a potential finals opponent in such fashion.

I suspect he may have been acting on suggestion from Bennett because he would know the battle for Des and Manly at this stage is very much a mental battle. If our guys start believing they are busted then that will be the beginning of the end. Injuries or not, we are one team Sainst are very wary of.

Hopefully this means we're back "under the radar". Wouldn't it be great for Gasnier to be eating his words when we beat them in the GF in 5 weeks time.

Kind of hard to Disagree i reckon he was just calling it how he sees it. but in saying that i wouldnt put it past them

the poof is right
we are nothing but cannon fodder

Apparently choc wont play according to the Tele

if thats the case kites gotta play in the back row

but were rooted

best case scenrio as i see it

is brisbane wins 
and souths lose
and we lose but keep it tight

7th

best case for us
is the roosters and warriors lose
and we get up that will see us 5th  (probably still go out in straight sets.)

over all its not a bad result when you consider we have had untried halves, lost one of best players in round 1, no wolf, injuires and susspensions a plenty.

It really feels like we have had more injuries this year than we have had in the entire last 4 years.

Yes, Souths and us have suffered most from injuries. Even so, both clubs are still in contention, and both have lost 5-6 matches they should have won.
I don;t care about Souths, but had Manly and the Rabbits had the injury-free run that Illawarra has had I reckon we'd be both competing for the minor premiership.
But the team that has the least injuries will almost certainly win the comp. Unfortunately this looks like being Illawarra....
oh for a serious injury to Coward. I reckon he is their lynch-pin, and almost as important as Lockyer is to Brisbane.

Kiwi Eagle link said:
Warriors had a horrendous injury count earlier on in the year as well

Sorry, I forgot about our neighbours across the ditch. Yes, The Warriors have been a surprise, and I understand that they will win the club championship for the first time. I was mightily impressed when I saw their Under 20s absolutely smash our blokes at Brookie a few matches ago.

Kiwi Eagle, if you've got any influence please recruit some of those young forwards for us. Did you ever find out the size of that front rower I reckon was about 7ft?

no, we have been just in 2nd gear all season, watch out, we are going to do a PARRA and go wild in the semis.

Darren link said:
no, we have been just in 2nd gear all season, watch out, we are going to do a PARRA and go wild in the semis.

. . . no doubt with Bailey leading the way!

Barry Hyland link said:
[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=185015.msg290069#msg290069 date=1283492017]
Warriors had a horrendous injury count earlier on in the year as well

Sorry, I forgot about our neighbours across the ditch. Yes, The Warriors have been a surprise, and I understand that they will win the club championship for the first time. I was mightily impressed when I saw their Under 20s absolutely smash our blokes at Brookie a few matches ago.

Kiwi Eagle, if you've got any influence please recruit some of those young forwards for us. Did you ever find out the size of that front rower I reckon was about 7ft?
[/quote]

The Under 20s from the Warriors should win the comp every year. That bloke is 6'7", think his name was Lousi (not the one that has played NRL though)

They have been lucky in a way with their injuries, got rid of them all at the start of the year, and have been consistent when having the fit troops back, the mirror image of our year

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8