Finals Week 1

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

davohan123

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Simple question

Who do you want to play week 1 of the finals?

Souths or Roosters- Assuming we finish top 4 which I think is highly likely.

Souths for me- want another crack at them.

But the way I see things panning out

Ladder
1 Easts
2.Souths
3.Storm
4.Manly

Do not want to come 4th this year
play Easts- do not think we would win there then the following week I think we will play bulldogs as the loser of 1v4 plays the winner of the 5v8 game in week 2- assuming dogs finish 5th. Not who I would want to play in week 2 of the finals

Souths for sure. I think the boys would want another crack at them as well. Similar to how they wanted another crack at Melbourne in 2008.

davohan123 said:
Simple question

Who do you want to play week 1 of the finals?

Souths or Roosters- Assuming we finish top 4 which I think is highly likely.

Souths for me- want another crack at them.

Wouldn't the penalty count go in the Rabbitoh's favour again?

I'm undecided about this question.

Winning week 1 is crucial, winning in Melbourne is near an impossible task, Melbourne played like **** earlier this year and we only got a draw out of that fixture

Doesn't matter who we play in week 1 as long as we win and avoid a trip to Melbourne in week 2.

If you finish 3 or 4th in week one and lose you're finished.

I think Melbourne can beat either Souths or the Roosters in Week 1, making us need to win more so we avoid the trip to the foreign land.

Souths would be my preference but, as has been touched on, we have to make sure we stay on the other side of the draw to Melbourne. If Melbourne win week 1, we must win. If Melbourne lose week 1 our game is then not as crucial (of course I want us to win though).

I actually think we will finish 3rd. We will beat Melbourne at Brookie.

As long as we don't have to play Melb in Melb. Our finals experience could give us an edge over Rorters and Souths.

haven't we seen a season of records being broken, such and such a team hasn't won against a certain team or at a certain ground for how many years. We need to start to win in Melb again and get over that psychological barrier

Injuries are the key here. We need Choc fit as well as everyone else. If we play Souffs it will be another fiasco no doubt. Better off to play the Rorters at SFS. Our record against them isn't too bad.

we'll finish 4th. Play Rooters at their home ground. Win or lose we then possibly play our home final against Bulldogs or Soths at Homebush.

go figure!

I agree. I wish the NRL would stop going on about home grounds, when we aren't allowed to play at ours.

Ceagle said:
Winning week 1 is crucial, winning in Melbourne is near an impossible task, Melbourne played like s**t earlier this year and we only got a draw out of that fixture

It has been said that Manly has still, yet, to win against one of the other three top four teams. We didn't exactly lose to Melbourne Storm when we versed them- we just drew with them. So I'm thinking of it like this: we have only lost to two of the top four sides. We have yet to meet with Melbourne in a 'second chance' clash.

Doesn't matter, we are easily good enough to beat both and both only won last time we played them on the back of some shockingly poor refs decisions something that seems to effect finals far less often thankfully

Well Parra's pathetic efforts are helping Storm wrap up 3rd. Even if we beat them next week we would have to put 20+ on them to secure 3rd.

mickqld said:
Well Parra's pathetic efforts are helping Storm wrap up 3rd. Even if we beat them next week we would have to put 20+ on them to secure 3rd.

Parra are playing pretty good...FOR PARRA!!!

there's no difference between 3rd or 4th.We need to rest the next 2 weeks our players making sure there fresh and fit. If we go in the finals players exhausted we stand no chance. This year is gonna come down to injuries and player fitness. I like our chances against the roosters but the rabbits will destroy us. They are the real deal .

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7