Finals - who & how??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

MK Eagle

Bencher
WEEK 2

Manly - Nth Qld - almost a 50/50 imo - lets say Manly

Souths - raiders - Souths will bounce back this week

WEEK 3

Manly - Storm - ???? Manly

Dogs - Souths - Dogs get a soft win imo

GF

Dogs - Manly/Storm/Cows

I dont like to say it but the Dogs have a pretty nice run into the GF & must be rated a 75% chance of being there. All other 3 teams can get them on the day but all face harder hurdles along the way imo. The week off is not always a great thing & whoever plays them in the big game will get out the blocks better, but have less in reserve for the final 20 minutes.
The Seaeagles have to overcome massive obstacles in coming weeks, far more than 2008, 2011 - but this will only make the victory sweeter if the GF victory is achieved.

Of course they have a nice run, that is the reward for finishing 1st

I reckon if you asked any of the other 6 sides in the top 8 whether they would have liked to face us week 1 of the finals, they would have said no. So I don't see how they were rewarded for finishing first in that respect.

Dogs took us on and won though, they now get the benefit of the easier run in. Could have been us if we had won last Friday.

Chip and Chase said:
I reckon if you asked any of the other 6 sides in the top 8 whether they would have liked to face us week 1 of the finals, they would have said no. So I don't see how they were rewarded for finishing first in that respect.

Dogs took us on and won though, they now get the benefit of the easier run in. Could have been us if we had won last Friday.

exactly

Canberra will miss Croker too much I think. I can only assume their fallback position there is Thomson out of the back row. Souffs have lost King as well so that might even it up a little, but I think they have better depth to cover that loss, not the least of which is putting Inglis there and Merritt to fullback and bringing in a winger (Corrigan / Hunt).

Anyway It'd be nice to see Canberra win, but I'd be backing the Rabbits if I was a gambling man (which I am)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6