• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nrl/eagle-eyed-parra-lock-on-to-chris-hicks/story-e6frfgbo-1225969748297

The Daily Telegraph can also reveal that the Sea Eagles have narrowly missed signing ex-NSW halfback Brett Finch.

The Daily Telegraph has been told that Finch was on the verge of becoming a Sea Eagle next season on a second-tier contract.

Finch was ready to accept a full-time role on Channel 7's The Matty Johns Show and play with Manly on a deal worth about $50,000.

He was a regular guest on the show over the back end of last season.

But the former Storm five-eighth had agreed to play with Wigan, although he had not officially signed a contract.

While tempted to remain in the NRL and live on Sydney's Northern Beaches, Finch felt he could not renege on his agreement and accepted the Wigan deal.

The 28-year-old will play for Wigan next year and in 2012. He had also been chased by Super League club Hull Kingston Rovers.

Wigan, the reigning Super League champions, have also signed Melbourne forwards Ryan Hoffman and Jeff Lima.

What. The. ****?

Even at minimum wage, that would have been ridiculous.

I bet we were not even looking at him, Its the same old trick, a journalist asks, "Hey were you looking at Finch" and someone sarcastically answers, "Only if we could pay him pretty much nothing."

i would have had him. He suits manlys style perfectly. He is a little limited in his skills but that is how manly play. He is tough, a great talker and has great experience

Its no use having a benji style player if the game plan doesnt allow them to showcase there skills

He would have given the backline confidence as well i reckon and with lyon and stewie in the team he would have looked a better player himself

DCE may be a long term solution but in 2011 he has a long way to go

Would have been a handy pick up at that price, but no big loss that we missed out on him. Hopefully Hicks can get himself a another year in the NRL, always thought he was a underated winger, just like Robbo.

on minimum wage he certainly would have been a good signing.

He has some talent and has actually played and contributed in a big way to winning a lot of big games

just read parra chasing chris hicks ,  they have money now because of tahu..

50k for a premiership winner etc

With inexperinced halves i am not sure how you could have gone wrong

Would have been worth paying him $50,000 just to have him fill in while Matai is suspended at the start of the season, and as a good replacement for injuries.

theres no doubt he would have played five eight or half, although he has some weakness,s he would carry leadership, he talks, something manly missed last year in the halves, his kicking game is rubbish but his big match experience would have been handy. its a concern that manly are still pursuing a half though, maybe there isnt as much trust in DCE than we thought ?

Never liked him, however I definitely respect him now. Its about time someone stuck to an agreement, verbal or otherwise.

I find it a little hard to believe that Finch would of signed on for 50 grand...but stranger things have happened.

I only wanted him here while his dad was the ref's boss so we'd get a fair deal, some might say for a change, but now he's gone we don't need Finch Jnr at all in my opinion.

I guess it wouldn't have been bad if we got him - if DCE got injured, who'd be the back up?  That's all he would've been if he signed the full time role on ch7.

And it is nice to see a bloke go through with an agreement for once.  2 years in cold England vs a full time tv role, part time footy role and based on the northern beaches?  I love the snow but that's a no brainer!

Brett would have been a fatstic buy at the middle level price or below.There is no doubting he has a heap of experience and his style of play would have suited manly to a tee.Bringing with him an aggressive style with genuine toughness and a handy kicking game,great passing and anticipation,the outside backs would have had a field day.Combined with snake,  the attack would have been pretty well balanced.IMHO......

Surely you can see 'irony' Kiwi.  And it's not a cousin of Tony.  And 'humble' it should be Rambofan.  There was a reason why Finch was let go from Parra and The Storm, and it wasn't all about the money. 

I would have taken him at that price personally

230+ games of NRL experience, and from all accounts a very popular guy that is good to have in a squad environment

Kiwi Eagle link said:
I would have taken him at that price personally

230+ games of NRL experience, and from all accounts a very popular guy that is good to have in a squad environment

Origin too

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7