Finger Points to XXXXXXX ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ramrod

Reserve Grader
Who are to blame for the chaos at Manly in recent times?
This is what I have gathered from news reports for the last 6 years.

Q1. The reason why this is even a discussion?
A1. Because Des & some staff are leaving.

Q2. Why is Des, some staff & possibly some players leaving?
A2. Because popular Zorba got pushed; because Des was annoyed so much he left for less money; and interference from other owners. Remember the re-signing of Monaghan a few years back despite the change in coaching direction?

Q3. Who pushed Zorba which angered players, staff and sponsors?
A3. Certainly NOT relative Penn?

Q4. Why did the two owners commenced disagreements back in 2008?
A4. Just to give you a hint - certain major sponsorship suddenly disappeared off the jersey after 2008. Somebody was told to give Manly money for sponsorship placement or make way for others.

Q5. Why is this still an issue?
A5. Certain owners could not fork out money. Certain board members doesn't get along with Penn, Zorba, Des, staff and players.

I think I will be voting in favour of players, staff and coach (new and old).

------------------

Just who is this mysterious XXXXXXX that you are talking about? Is it just co-incidental that you have used seven X's to substitute the name of the individual or company? If not then which individual or company's name that is involved with the Manly board has seven letters?

PENN = 4 letters (so NO)
QUANTUM = 7 letters (a possibility)
DELMEGE = 7 letters (a possibility)

Anyway Ramrod, you are basing your decisions on newspaper reports and we all know how truthful and reliable they are don't we?

Until all parties lay out all of the information for the voters to make an informed decision, then it's all guesswork until then.

For everyone else, please do not turn this thread into another bicker amongst ourselves thread as there have been enough of them lately on this boardroom dispute subject and if it does then it will only lead to another closed or deleted thread.

Anyone who thinks DES signed with the dogs after the gf is a bit silly. Manlys big offer to DES only came after this and gave him a nice out saying he went for the challenge and not the money.

Stop reading the papers and believing everything you read, most of it is just media crap

simz said:
Anyone who thinks DES signed with the dogs after the gf is a bit silly. Manlys big offer to DES only came after this and gave him a nice out saying he went for the challenge and not the money.

I tend to agree. De$$ie went for the money, nothing else. If there were board room issues that forced him out, why is it repeatedly reported that Manly could have re-signed him back in May if their offer was just $50,000 more?
If he would have signed if they offered $50k more, then that is a money issue not a board room issue.

I heard back in May that the Chairman of the Board was doing ALL the negotiations with Des, and in fact the board as a whole had little to do with it. I agree it's about money, but if there's blame to be laid perhaps it should be XXXX rather than XXXXXXX.

bones said:
simz said:

I tend to agree. De$$ie went for the money, nothing else. If there were board room issues that forced him out, why is it repeatedly reported that Manly could have re-signed him back in May if their offer was just $50,000 more?
If he would have signed if they offered $50k more, then that is a money issue not a board room issue.

We will just have to agree to disagree. There is absolutely no way I will believe Des left for just money. I wouldn't be surprised if the decision ripped the guts out of him.

ManlyBacker said:
bones said:
simz said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the decision ripped the guts out of him.

I hope it does.

He must be a Qlder that likes extra strength XXXX (does 3 more Xs taste better?)

Orrrr....he has some REALLY good movies in his collection!!

Des moved on because his ego was on the line and he didn't want to give up his control of all things. After being the King of Brookvale he didn't want to be just the coach. The King is dead, long live the King.

Mark from Brisbane said:
I heard back in May that the Chairman of the Board was doing ALL the negotiations with Des, and in fact the board as a whole had little to do with it. I agree it's about money, but if there's blame to be laid perhaps it should be XXXX rather than XXXXXXX.

This is where I find things somewhat confusing.
I always see you as a voice of reason Mark, you never seem to make outlandish statements and your business probably allows you more communication with the club than most of us on here.

Then I get the sense that the players like Zorba and Des who seem to be aligned with the Penn camp.
On top of that we have Arko saying he supports Max Krillich and Zorba running for the board.

Perhaps we will never know the facts (and that's ok) as a supporter I don't really expect that right...I'm just tired of the DT using the club as some cheap soapie.

PS: Jethro, not trying to be divisive just trying to gain a little more insight to all the crap the media have been dishing out about the club.

Well he did get the runs on the board DSM running it the way he wanted to - you dont think he was justified to want the status quo to remain

Are we sure xxxxxxx is totally to blame
What about xxxxx & xxxxxxxxx-xxxxxx & xxx & xxxx & xxxxx they would have to all accept some blame for letting this get out of hand

DSM5 said:
Des moved on because his ego was on the line and he didn't want to give up his control of all things. After being the King of Brookvale he didn't want to be just the coach. The King is dead, long live the King.

?? What do you mean DSM about Des having to give up control of all things?

What is wrong with a coach having complete control of everything about the football team? Coaches are judged solely on their results and they need complete contol because if they don't get the results the they are gone.

Des have achieved the results we expect of him as fans and therefore nothing should be changed except for the FC board and onwers to say what else do you need Des.

The club's owners and Fc board are there to support the coach and players and ensuire that everything required is provided to ensure that we win as many premierships as possible.

manlyborn said:
Mark from Brisbane said:

I always see you as a voice of reason Mark, you never seem to make outlandish statements and your business probably allows you more communication with the club than most of us on here.

Then I get the sense that the players like Zorba and Des who seem to be aligned with the Penn camp.
On top of that we have Arko saying he supports Max Krillich and Zorba running for the board.

Perhaps we will never know the facts (and that's ok) as a supporter I don't really expect that right...I'm just tired of the DT using the club as some cheap soapie.

PS: Jethro, not trying to be divisive just trying to gain a little more insight to all the crap the media have been dishing out about the club.

Manlyborn,

Like I said in my post, until all parties lay out all of the information for the voters to make an informed decision, then it's all guesswork until then. I doubt very much though that we will ever know the truth (and I don't mean the Silvertails poster either).

DSM5 said:

My sentiments too.

manlyborn said:
Mark from Brisbane said:

When Arko speaks we listen. They dont call him the Godfather for nothing.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6