FISHING

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
G

thats my new thing at the moment, i bought 2 rods about 3months ago ..  then last weekend i finally used   them after being 10 yrs in the wilderness i still got it ;) 21 cast for 14 fish ..  i havent been out for over 10 yrs ...  killed it ..  after half an hour  i had 6 fish & they were decent sized taylor..  ppl  who had been there  hours only had 6 fish..  their all using night lights sinkers   & fancy s**t while i just rock up with me 4pound line 6 pound trace & just fish with a hook no sinker or float.. then i have a crowd around me asking me why am i doing this why am i doing that.. blah..  should have seen thier faces when i released all me fish ..

If you hit a school of tailor, catching them is as easy as hitting the water when you piss in the toilet :0

but good on you. I do a fair bit of fishing up here, but I tend to enjoy the adventure more than the fishing. I hunt down different places and trek through the bush and mangroves to find an untouched spot (just keep an eye out for snakes, and get ready to be hit by midges)

Been really getting into using soft plastics of late and have caught a nice load of Flathead on them. It's a new technique for me but I really enjoy it, especially when I wade waist deep through the sand flats

dan mate im hooked on it again.. yeah true what you say  about the taylor when they are on but i came at the last  hour when the tide was running out..  my success was that i walked the bank..  i didnt just stnd there i knew the tide was flowing out fast so i walked with me line along the bank  ,, thats why i cleaned up, my bait looked more natural flowing in the current..

Post  automatically merged: [time]1289964934[/time]

yeah i  like the mangroves growing on the edges of the banks.. we too have a place just like how you described  ,,  we get flaties  & also bream with the plastics.. last time i fished like that i was actually using an imitation prawn lure..  the flathead went mad over it..

Post  automatically merged: [time]1289965078[/time]

the last time i threw a line in the water we were called the northern eagles.. & hadnt even played a season yet lol..

Fro link said:
\"we\" were never called the Northern Eagles.
aww thats right sorry throw .. i must have made that whole merger thing up it was all in my head ..  : 

anyway enough of the scarcasm this is a fishing topic.. i was giving dan a time frame  with that example..

Post  automatically merged: [time]1289977802[/time]

dan i suppose you dont get to do much beach fishing where your at?  whiting are coming on here soon off the beaches.. when there on they are just like the tailor , theres that many of them schooled up along the gutter `s ,  you could catch them with a handline off the beach lol..

Tailor and Flathead.....This is fishing boys.

Bloke I work with, his mate caught this 124kg Southern Bluefin Tuna.

1 hour 5 mins to land the monster.

Attachments

• image017.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 7
NICE  clon i was going to ask dan if he had been live baiting ever..  down  here we have a spot at jervis bay  its called the toobs best land based game fishing place ever.. actually all that area is  good for live baiting, currawong & beaucroft penninsula  ..

my best fish is a 15kg  kingie on a slimey mackeral..  i have caught bonito  & salmon  . but never the elusive yellow fin, blue fin or tuna mack..

lol kiwi  i wish i was fishing some of the waters near you..  the kingies there go for fly lures..  NZ is a kingie nursey ..lol

JJAI,

I have fished with live bait etc and beach fishing. I lived in Sydney most of my life and have caught some nice fish off of North Curl Curl beach, Dew Fish, massive Flathead etc, you need to catch the right tides and the right time after the creek runs out though, but a lot big fish come into the protective cove there at North Curl Curl.

As for live baiting of course mate. A lot of it off the Jetty at Broome to get barra and all sorts of things.

We usually throw live baits out here but half the time, friggin Eagles swoop and grab them if they are near the surface.

As for whiting, the winter whiting were good this year, but we had a crap load of pike in the water up here, so it was hard to get through them to get anything decent close into shore on a boat. Though lots of people had good success on the banks off toogoom.

I primarily fish for fun and catch and release 99% of everything i catch

ok kool dan i forgot you were from sydney originally...  i just knw what the beaches are like up qld especially  from mckay upwards ..  

i just uploaded a pic on a fishing forum of the whiting i got back in 2000.. 1.2kg  ..  www.thefishinhub.com.au  i been checking that site out..  

jjai link said:
ok kool dan i forgot you were from sydney originally...  i just knw what the beaches are like up qld especially  from mckay upwards ..  

i just uploaded a pic on a fishing forum of the whiting i got back in 2000.. 1.2kg  ..  www.thefishinhub.com.au  i been checking that site out..  

I am south of Mackay mate :)

Though no surf where I am, it's all sheltered by Fraser Island

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4