Fixing our defence

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Rynostradamus

Reserve Grader
Whatever you want to say about our team this year and our shambolic attack and kicking games its our selections and defensive set up that is most embarrasing. League is not that complicated if you keep it simple.

The modern game is played in 3rds; left, middle & right. I believe if you dont have huge backrowers like the cows to play on edges you need to play defenders on the edges. I want to see kapow moved back to prop and buhrer and leary permanant back row.

Set up in defence like this.
Left: tafua - matai - buhrer - walker
Centre - kapow - jake - parcell - myles
Right: Leary - chez - killer - turbo
Custodian: snake

Our defence has shown a lack of trust in each other. If we have 3 x 80 minute forwards at rake and back row importantly all capable of making 40 plus tackles we are straight up a harder nut to crack.

I would then have bj lawrence vave & lussick on the bench and rotate each prop and jake the second they start sucking them in not based on the clock and hit the opposition constantly with fresh power and grunt.

Thoughts?

Whatever you want to say about our team this year and our shambolic attack and kicking games its our selections and defensive set up that is most embarrasing. League is not that complicated if you keep it simple. The modern game is played in 3rds; left, middle & right. I believe if you dont have huge backrowers like the cows to play on edges you need to play defenders on the edges. I want to see kapow moved back to prop and buhrer and leary permanant back row. Set up in defence like this.
Left: tafua - matai - buhrer - walker
Centre - kapow - jake - parcell - myles
Right: Leary - chez - killer - turbo
Custodian: snake
Our defence has shown a lack of trust in each other. If we have 3 x 80 minute forwards at rake and back row importantly all capable of making 40 plus tackles we are straight up a harder nut to crack. I would then have bj lawrence vave & lussick on the bench and rotate each prop and jake the second they start sucking them in.

Thoughts?

Why ask us? Send your idea to Barrett. He's the one who needs help.

My thoughts :
Our defence gets lazy around the ruck too many times the pass back inside catches us out
We are slow to reform at times too

My thoughts :
Our defence gets lazy around the ruck too many times the pass back inside catches us out
We are slow to reform at times too
I agree and its because kapow is a prop and needs to be in the middle bashing their big blokes who are running straight at him and lewis brown cant defend effectively.

Buhrer and Leary are great defenders who can read the play and are able to drop halves and blokes running angles in one on one low tackles

Last edited:
I agree and its because kapow is a prop and needs to be in the middle bashing their big blokes and lewis brown cant defend effectively.

Buhrer and Leary are great defenders who can read the play and are able to drop halves and blokes running angles in one on one low tackles
We are missing Ballin around the ruck we relied on that in previous years he was a big loss in defence But in saying that I'm really pleased with Parcell gives us a lot more in attack his defence will get there

Yep ballin was a defensive gun cant argue with that.

It is also the best part of snakes game and when he isnt out there we suffer due to turbos lack of experience at this aspect of the custodian role at this level.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6