Flops & Finds of 2013

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
FINDS....
*Lawrence went from reserve Titan to being recognised as representative quality with speed , aggression & workrate.
*Horo was an Eels outcast who was in the top NRL backrowers, causing headaches to right edge defenders & added intensity.
*Milford showed glimpses of brilliance with electric pace & evasive ability in an ordinary team where he created his own opportunities out of nothing.
*Another player who stood out in a poor team was the Tigers winger Simona.
Imo he has a massive future breaking tackles with power & acceleratio & has genuine pace to run in 100 metre tries - could be anything...

FLOPS....
*Anasta was playing in a beaten team but he seemed to just go through the motions with 0 intensity. Has been overrated after breaking into the NRL as a class act with the Dogs & needs to return to NSW Cup to rejuvinate the fire or perish.
*Taumololou has as much potential as wrecking ball Josh Papalli- difference is 1 is playing for Australia - the other in Qld Cup. Get this guy to Manly, potentially as destructive as any foward imo. Sad to see.
*Tariq Sims - this bloke was a barnstorming backrower who terrorised defence when breaking into the NRL. Powerhouse runner with plenty of intimidation who could belt in defence & score 50 metre tries. Just a shadow of his potential in 2013.

Add Adam Blair to your flops. They moved on half their forward pack (including Fifita) to fit him in, good option that.

Was Tariq Sims coming back from injury? He was touted as an origin player in 2012 or maybe even 2011, but seemed to have disappeared a bit....I do know he had the odd injury, not sure if that effected him last year?

Disagree about Tariq Sims being a Flop, as he has been really good in the RLWC.
He and his two crazy Brothers line up against Oz on Saturday night and will take no prisoners.
Something happened at the Cowboys last year that is yet to be fixed. So maybe his second year of breaking the same leg left him a bit hesitant till now.

*Top Flop has to be Barba , the previous year's Dally M to self indulgent sook.
*Close second Benji, from Kiwi Captain to apathetic liability.
*T-ex would finish out my top three Flops. I noticed an article yesterday where he again, is quoted as ... need to be better..!
*Ferguson was already teetering, but should not be left of the Flops list.

*Top Finds were BJ and Horo for Manly
*Fifita for the Sharks
*George Burgess for Souths
*Roger Tuivasa-Sheck and Boyd Cordner for Easts

maxta said:
FINDS....
*Lawrence went from reserve Titan to being recognised as representative quality with speed , aggression & workrate.
*Horo was an Eels outcast who was in the top NRL backrowers, causing headaches to right edge defenders & added intensity.
*Milford showed glimpses of brilliance with electric pace & evasive ability in an ordinary team where he created his own opportunities out of nothing.
Imo he has a massive future breaking tackles with power & acceleratio & has genuine pace to run in 100 metre tries - could be anything...

FLOPS....
*Anasta was playing in a beaten team but he seemed to just go through the motions with 0 intensity. Has been overrated after breaking into the NRL as a class act with the Dogs & needs to return to NSW Cup to rejuvinate the fire or perish.
*Taumololou has as much potential as wrecking ball Josh Papalli- difference is 1 is playing for Australia - the other in Qld Cup. Get this guy to Manly, potentially as destructive as any foward imo. Sad to see.
*Tariq Sims - this bloke was a barnstorming backrower who terrorised defence when breaking into the NRL. Powerhouse runner with plenty of intimidation who could belt in defence & score 50 metre tries. Just a shadow of his potential in 2013.

Can't agree with any of your flops. Anasta was the experienced head in a rubbish team and is one of the few who could hold his head high. Taumololou was awesome and would be better in Maroon & White and Tariq Simms was solid without being spectacular on his return from two broken legs.

My list of flops would be:

1. T-Rex hands downs 1st on the list
2. Blair in a close 2nd
3. Barba rounding out the Top 3

A worthy mention for Benji Marshall

Edit: I did I forget the fabulous Dave Taylor

Ralphie said:
maxta said:
FINDS....

FLOPS....

Can't agree with any of your flops. Anasta was the experienced head in a rubbish team and is one of the few who could hold his head high. Taumololou was awesome and would be better in Maroon & White and Tariq Simms was solid without being spectacular on his return from two broken legs.

2. Blair in a close 2nd

Anasta??
Ordinary at best in Tigers games I seen & not on any highlight reels of any I missed...bar missing tackles for tries.
Farah was the only glue holding those fowards with a sprinkle of brilliance out wide from Simona & Koribete that would make a highlight reel.

Bit over the top on Taumololo Ralphie, unless you watched the Qld cup games, was playing at 60% at best & looking unmotivated. Sure played well in the Sharks final but if he played so good - would be where Papalli is today, not languishing with fringe 1st graders in the Qld Cup.
Sims - maybe harsh due to serious injuries & should come back in 2014 - maybe just had that expectation bar so high being such a massive talent.

maxta said:
Ralphie said:
maxta said:
FINDS....

FLOPS....

2. Blair in a close 2nd

Anasta??
Ordinary at best in Tigers games I seen & not on any highlight reels of any I missed...bar missing tackles for tries.
Farah was the only glue holding those fowards with a sprinkle of brilliance out wide from Simona & Koribete that would make a highlight reel.

Bit over the top on Taumololo Ralphie, unless you watched the Qld cup games, was playing at 60% at best & looking unmotivated. Sure played well in the Sharks final but if he played so good - would be where Papalli is today, not languishing with fringe 1st graders in the Qld Cup.
Sims - maybe harsh due to serious injuries & should come back in 2014 - maybe just had that expectation bar so high being such a massive talent.

I like Anasta, but he was akin to Fatty when he went to the chooks...shiit.
Adam Blair without a doubt was the biggest flop (and grub)for 2013.

Fifita has to be signing of the year. Easily the best forward of 2013.

**Edit** just realised he signed in 2012

I think Tamou was pretty poor this year and should consider himself lucky to be playing for Aus.

No.1 Flop has to be T-Rex. He just gets more and more disappointing. And to be honest I don't take much delight in this (maybe just a little). As I'd love to see him tearing it up for NSW and Australia.

Manly players aside, Boyd Cordner the find of the year. My brother in law at the start of the season (actually when we were playing the Roosters pre season) said 'Cordner will play Origin this year'. I thought he was probably 2 years too soon with this prediction....but spot on. He is a class player.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7