Football Club AGM

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

vidmar

Bencher
A reminder that the AGM of the Manly Warringah Football Club will be held in the President's Lounge at Brookvale Oval tomorrow (Thursday 13th December 2012)

This year's AGM will be a special one as local juniors Jason King and
Anthony Watmough have been nominated for election to Life Membership of the Football Club in recognition of their outstanding service to the Sea Eagles.

Members are encouraged to attend.

Non-members wishing to attend can do so by joining the Football Club for the 2013 membership period by visiting www.manlyfootballclub.com.au and clicking on the membership tab.

Last night was my inaugural attendance and it was a very enjoyable meeting.

Brookie looks wonderful with lots of lush turf - so those of you who want a piece of the hallowed ground, now would be a good time to dig up a patch :)

Joan, the ninety+ lady who has been doing wonderful needlepoint portraits of the Players, was there to present Jason Annear's Dad with a stunning one of Jason.
The meeting commenced with Bob O'Reilly presenting Jason's Dad with a commemorative Players Jersey #543. It was tearful but I am sure that he felt that his son was truly a valued member of the Sea Eagles Family :angel:

Greg explained about the finances and it all looks good. The fact that we have no Leagues Club contribution is always lost on the Media, so the Owners have to, and do fund the gap. They were there and smiling at our appreciation of their commitment. :angel:

Kerry is actively lobbying for the Brookvale Oval upgrade. I found it interesting that St Augustine's is involved. A few of my friends have boys attending this famous Private school, and they also want to extend their sporting facilities, with no success to date. So this new joint lobby group, we will see the Manly Daily coverage from January, sounds like it will carry much more weight with the Residents who continually oppose any changes.

Choc and Kingdog looked resplendent in their suits and were very funny and gracious in accepting their Life Memberships. Unfortunately Choc left straight after the meeting :( but Kingy chatted and signed the Annual Report Portrait of him. His AC (shoulder) is healing well and they are both ready to play!:shy:

Donny filled in for Geoff who had a family emergency. He is pleased with the effort of the 13 young and ambitious recruits. Also pointed out the input of Brad Arthur and Joey in identifying skill gaps etc.
Listening to he and the two Players talk made me just want to stay at Brookie and start cheering early for the 2013 Premiership:D

The Old Boys Association is well on its way by Darrell Williams. Sounds very promising and I look forward to seeing more of the Old Players mingling with the Fans at Brookie next year. This year I got to thank Rambo Gibbs in person for the many happy memories he left us with. I was surprised at how touched he was. Im sure most Players have no concept of how much the Fans appreciate their talent in helping the Mighty Sea Eagles shine :angel:

2013 Cronulla Brookie game,Sunday 14th April, will see the presentation of Premiership rings to the 1973 Team - so plan to be there people:exclamation:

In summary, the Sea Eagles look to be streamlining their operations to match the performance of our Mighty Team. :angel:

Thanks HM for the report...Choc and Kingy, hard to argue against them being worthy recipients.....Congrats to them both

I thought Kingdogs injury was shoulder/pec not knee ?? Did you mean AC instead of ACL ??

It's a pity St Augustines aren't as well to do as Shore. Their football and cricket ovals put the SFS and SCG to shame. We could get them to build a ground and lease it from them.

No sandwiches ?? I assume Bob wasn't able to pay the caterers with a cheque ;)

By the way the 1973 premiership rings sound like a nice touch. Well done to the club for the recognition of the past players.

Chip and Chase said:
I thought Kingdogs injury was shoulder/pec not knee ?? Did you mean AC instead of ACL ??

It's a pity St Augustines aren't as well to do as Shore. Their football and cricket ovals put the SFS and SCG to shame. We could get them to build a ground and lease it from them.

By the way the 1973 premiership rings sound like a nice touch. Well done to the club for the recognition of the past players.

Fixed the AC - it is his left shoulder, but he reckons it is comming along well. I don't recall when he injured it and was surprised seeing him at the Salary Cap meetings with arm in sling.

On a brighter note:
Wolfman in the groove
DAVID WILLIAMS is going to be back to full fitness and in great form if his dance floor displays are anything to go by. The Wolfman ripped it up, performing some stunning moves at the opening of Pacha - a new nightclub at the Ivy. The bloke can groove.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/plan-for-benaud-lawry-to-bat-on-20121208-2b26g.html#ixzz2EzGwAhC3

Chip and Chase said:

Dont forget that zorba is on the board now and the catering bill is throgh the roof. I offerd to do the sandwiches but zorba run out of FRIDGES to store them in.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2