football club ownership

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
The maxis , the penns and the quantums have been good for manly no doubt but amidst manlys biggest hurdle its time for the 2 current owners to man up.

They nhave all played there part in rescuing manly and i applaud and thank them for there generous hearts, wallets and time investments . No doubt they have had some good times along the way and some very ordinary times but right now manly need all the ruthlessness of big business to pull them through this and end this crap once and for all

Essentially we have been given the dry end of the chicken with the stewart saga, and seen benji and carney been dealt with in an appropriate way. We have watched brawl after brawl over the years, the NRL uses them in campaigns, we have watched sam thaiday make a career out of being 3rd man in. We watched men fight and cried foul but let cheap shots like slaters fly through to the keeper without mention

Manly need to fight this tooth and nail. Geoff Bellew seems to be the man they need. Most of everything that happened on friday night is covered for by the judiciary and this bringing the game into disrepute has no place here and if bought before a real legal system would not hold up

You cant charge someone who litters under the anti terrorism laws to increase the penalty

This is a fight, a brawl and nothing else and should be treated like any other brawl. No brawl looks good regardless of which part of the field its on

And can someone tell me how the 2 most penalised teams in the comp, the teams that give away more early penalties than anyone managed to stay penalty free for the first 18 minutes. No the refs had nothing to do with it did they. They started reffing this game like origin, where tempers flare the most and when the lost control, they found the whistle

This reeks to high hell

I've always thought the charge "bringing the game into disrepute" was a nonsense. It can mean whatever you want it to mean.
Several years ago my 12-year-old son was brought up on that charge because, at the end of a grand final win and some verbal with an opposing player, he pointed to the scoreboard and said "look at the scoreboard" (something that I blame myself for teaching him). Because it was a grand final it was captured on professional film and he was charged.
It was in the North Sydney comp and do you know who was judging him? Geoff Bellew. He was an absolute Pr*ck, and had my son in tears. I will never forget, nor forgive, Bellew for blowing this incident out of all proportion.
The team my son played for was so incensed with the treatment they left the North Sydney League and joined the Balmain comp.

I'm a tad confused? - If the clubs and their players are seen by the NRL of bringing the game in to disrepute why does the NRL website in it's video review of the game not only show the fight between Stewart and Blair but includes it in the "highlights"? - actually it's the first option in the NRL.com "top picks" section

Further, not only does it show the initial dust up and then Stewart and Blair going at each other but it then replays the blue between the two players with "light hearted" commentary indicating that it was all a bit of fun?

If it is so heinous then surely block it out, make reference of it but don't keep using the footage?

Oh and by the way - if Manly do play the Storm in the 2011 Grand final I wonder what "grabs" will be including in the promo's - I'm betting it won't be Robbo's hat trick of 4 pointers or Beaver's try from the 2008 final!

Exactly, the same way Ch9 could have taken the cameras off the fighting on Friday night, they didn't and they revelled in it. Then turned round and condemned it. Very mixed message to send

vidmar said:
I'm a tad confused? - If the clubs and their players are seen by the NRL of bringing the game in to disrepute why does the NRL website in it's video review of the game not only show the fight between Stewart and Blair but includes it in the "highlights"? - actually it's the first option in the NRL.com "top picks" section

Further, not only does it show the initial dust up and then Stewart and Blair going at each other but it then replays the blue between the two players with "light hearted" commentary indicating that it was all a bit of fun?

If it is so heinous then surely block it out, make reference of it but don't keep using the footage?

Oh and by the way - if Manly do play the Storm in the 2011 Grand final I wonder what "grabs" will be including in the promo's - I'm betting it won't be Robbo's hat trick of 4 pointers or Beaver's try from the 2008 final!

That's exactly what i thought mate. You can find it everywhere so how bad can it be?

I don't think we should condone fighting but at some point it's inevitable. What's the difference between tackling someone and punching someone? Perception.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4