Football

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Discuss

:)

see if that makes some users happy :)

Would be nice to talk football, it is after all a football forum.

I must admit I cannot wait until next Tuesday, Des will announce the team...we'll all dissect it, then we'll discuss the Friday night game and THEN we all cross our fingers for Saturday.

Win...and the forum will be alive with positive vibes

Lose...and it will be Lowe and Zorba's fault and away the negatives will go again

I understand peoples frustration but fair dinkum we have had 6 months of this!!

yeah lets get the season going #1 what are we going to do with hoppa this year as i think he,s ready along with whare ,oldfield ,and i know there is at least one more young back but his name is lost  for the moment ,me i would like to see steve matai as a fresh res, he could come of the bench and be a monster bashing them on the edges of the ruck playing 2nd row or lock and cover the backs letting us have 4 forwards on the bench to keep the pace on all game and hopefully stop the fade out in the 2nd half  , ?

Carefull there Mud, otherwise the second half fade outs will be blamed on Lowe / Zorba.

I think a few have thought that Shoulder's might make a good impact player from the bench but Des loves him so soon as the suspension is over he'll be back in his usual spot for sure.

Mark you're right about the love afair between Stevie and Des, but to extend Matai's playing days I'd like to see him as a super-sub.

I started off being a bit dubious about our chances this year, but I think our junior development is about to pay huge dividends.
I'm going with a Dan prediction...5th

yeah manlyborn, i have a good feeling about the kids coming Thu the ranks at the moment , this year our depth will be a lot better as these kids all are getting a little bit of game time over the past season , would be real happy now if one or more of these young forwards start to press for game time , Des, Crusher and dare i say even our CEO are doing a good job with the players mainly all young local blokes coming though the ranks

Hi Dan,

I don't post here very often but just firstly wanted to say thanks for your hosting and maintenance of this site. Provides a great platform by which likeminded Manly fans can chew the fat!

In light of the recent tsunami of threads relating to the performance of the Manly administration in particular that of Graham Lowe, do you think it would be fitting to separate the forums into 'off field issues' and 'on field issues' given this forum seems to have detracted from its 'Rugby League Forum' moniker?

I've got no problem with people who want to vent their frustrations at current management (that's their prerogative) but it would be a shame to see it detract from some of the good footy chat that this forum has harboured over the past few years (even if it is the offseason).

Cheers

Personally, I'm excited about seeing how Cherry Evans goes. From all reports, training wise he has been impressive and a Warriors fan picked him out as a standout in last weeks trial. If he gets up to speed quickly, i genuinely believe we are a shot this year provided we stay reasonably fit

Stewart
Robbo/Oldfield
Matai
Lyon
Williams

That is a handy backline if all on the park and at their best

Foran
DCE

It is a dirty word, but I will use it, full of potential. If they come through as I think they can, we will have a damn good combo in these 2

Kite
Ballin
King
Watmough
Rodney
Stewart

Again, if fit and firing, I rate that pretty highly in the comp. If we can get Choc back to his explosive best and Glenn ballplaying again, it is a great backrow. By all accounts King is full of fire, and Kite is burning to make the starting spot his again

It is an exciting season, I am looking forward to it

Couple of big differences from last year:

Donny Singe is apparently back in full control of training and conditioning (yaaaY!)

An upgraded playing surface at Stadium Brookvalia (souce of so many injuries last season) - courtesy of those nasty types on Council that Zorba hates.

DSM5 link said:
Mark you're right about the love afair between Stevie and Des, but to extend Matai's playing days I'd like to see him as a super-sub.

Cannot disagree one bit....would be a SUPER impact player off the bench, and much like the great Beaver the ability to play in the backs OR the forwards.

LOVE to see it happen

I still think Stevie has a fair bit to contibute in the backs yet, I think his ability to draw in the opposition winger and set up his man outside is often overlooked. He has a lot more class as a centre than people give him credit for, notwithstanding his disciplinary indescretions.

I think if anyone was to be a 'super-sub' it would have to be T-rex with a firecracker.

Matai should be our super-sub. Bring him on in place of Ballin.

Best dummy half runner we have.

I think he'd make a big impact around the middle of the ruck

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7