Footbrawl shame

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

byso

First Grader
JASON AVEDISSIAN
Manly Daily
01mar05

FIJI have been banned for life from the Valley United Eights after four players were sent off for fighting in an ugly final at Harbord Park on Saturday.

In a spiteful finale to a successful innovation, two Fiji A players were sent off and two were sin-binned for fighting and foul play.

One player even attempted to re-enter the field after another spiteful incident broke out.

Organisers said the Fijians fielded an illegal player in a pool victory and were subsequently stripped of their points with the player banned from the remainder of the inaugural event.

Fiji A won the final 10-8 over Valley United with just six players.

Eights organiser Peter Kelly said his committee has banned Fiji from future tourna ments.

``The record books will show that Fiji A won the inaugural V8's, but I have to say it will be the last time,'' Kelly said.

``A number of spectators commented after the final that they were disgusted at the way Fiji A played.

``A complaint was made to myself by Tugun after their defeat in the quarter-finals, also complaining about foul play.

``The type of rugby league that Fiji A played in the final was not in the spirit of the game.''

Fiji A assistant manager Phil Brown admitted one of his players had a ``brain explosion'' and deserved to be sin-binned.

``He made a hit-up, got tackled and threw the ball at him (Valley defender),'' Brown said.

``It was very unsportsmanlike.

``But, I think it's unfair to label the Fijians dirty. Everyone wants to see the Fijian flair, I wished it was the same at Valley, but it didn't turn out that way.''

Brown said he will endeavour to discuss the matter with Kelly.

``Hopefully we can work something out,'' Brown said.

A Valley United player said the Fijians' game plan revolved around their fists.

`They just wanted to fight the whole time,'' he said.

The Fijians, who had Test players in their line-up, pocketed $4000 in prizemoney.

Friends of mine went too and loved it. The ppl are great.

<span class='smallblacktext'>[ Edited Tue Mar 01 2005, 01:26PM ]</span>

We used to get alot of imported Fijians playing for our local team. They are the most placid gentlemen like people off the field and most are big church goers.
When some of the boys got them on the piss- that is where the trouble started, I think mainly due to the fact that they weren't used to it.
On the field they turned into different people - one player inparticular Nayatlani Seru (I have no idea if I spelt his first name correct) was unbelievable - he played prop for Fiji in the last rugby union world cup and was the quietest person you would ever want to meet but get him on the field and watch out- one bloke on the opposition hit him in a tackle once and he totally lost the plot- he got up and laid the boot into the guy and it took most of our team to drag him off the field.
Even when off the field he was prancing up and down the side line pointing the guy out- by this time all the other Fijians had fired up and we had to call the game off for our opponents safety !

Sounds like a fun match to be at PJ. I agree, tongans are similiar. Hoppa is the perfect example, good religious, family off the field but on it is another thing.

I used to have a theory they got stuck into the kava before a game- but I doubt it.
We used to have about five fijians staying upstairs at my parents pub while they were playing for us.
I used to go up to the guest room and hangout with them when I was on hols from school and they used to get me full of kava- it tasted like **** but I ended up with this unreal numb effect- I put the kava down as to why these crazy bastards can just run full pelt at people.
This theory of mine was quashed by my Dad when I told him...as far as I can remember it was "pull your head in" and then "what are you doing upstairs downing kava with them anyway?"

We used to get alot of imported Fijians playing for our local team. They are the most placid gentlemen like people off the field and most are big church goers.
When some of the boys got them on the piss- that is where the trouble started, I think mainly due to the fact that they weren't used to it.
On the field they turned into different people - one player inparticular Nayatlani Seru (I have no idea if I spelt his first name correct) was unbelievable - he played prop for Fiji in the last rugby union world cup and was the quietest person you would ever want to meet but get him on the field and watch out- one bloke on the opposition hit him in a tackle once and he totally lost the plot- he got up and laid the boot into the guy and it took most of our team to drag him off the field.
Even when off the field he was prancing up and down the side line pointing the guy out- by this time all the other Fijians had fired up and we had to call the game off for our opponents safety !
We had Tongans and they fitted that description exactly - right down to the fight.

I found they were okay when they had kava before a game but ran into trouble if they also popped Sudafed. Kava and alcohol is a problem too.

We used to pop sudafed b4 a game but I put a stop to that when a half back- I think he was playing for the UC Killerbees, dropped dead of a heart attack.
A couple of my friends (who were on the roids as well) used to get what I think is called Stanazol from the chemist (this red stuff) and inject it before a game- it was scary how ripped they became after that and it also made me wonder how many others did it.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4