Footy Fever Marriot Accommodation Brisbane v Manly May 11-14

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Hi Everyone,

I have been speaking with the Brisbane Marriot Hotel and have been able to arrange a accommodation special for you. The details are in the PDF file, attached to this post.

Please do not hesitate to ask should you have any further questions.

Or jump over to www.brisbanemarriott.com.au for more details.

Cheers
Dan

Attachments

• FootyFeverFlyerBrisbaneMarriott.pdf
    5.4 KB · Views: 49
Its approximately 4km away. Short cab ride, or you could jump on a nearby bus or train to Milton. I think the closest train station is Central, but the Brisbane boys will be able to tell you more

Just been updated on this by the Marriot concierge team, they inform me that a free bus ride is included with the game ticket.
Buses will pick up and depart at King George Square which is a 5 minute walk from the hotel.

As for any better than the Mecure, I cant speak for the Mecure, but Marriot is a 5 star hotel.

It's uphill from the hotel if that makes a difference!! lol.

There is obv going to be closer hotels as the marriott is on the river and suncorp is about 3k away, however it's a pretty nice hotel and the free transportation should make the travel problems disappear.

Central is the closest train station but that'd be about a 10min slightly uphill walk (take the free bus to the footy instead).

A little while ago I used to be a (silent) partner in the 'spoon' cafe at paddington. We'd keep the kitchen going (and wine flowing) and just walk to suncorp (ahhh the good ol days).

Brisbane Govt usually gives free transport for anyone who has a game day ticket on most modes of transport. I assume this is what this is and not some Marriott organised bus, so there may be some crowd numbers.

That said, there's plenty of pubs and clubs around the hotel so if you're thinking of going, it's not a bad way to see it.

Party on, Go Manly!

Edit: My thoughts on the 2 hotels mentioned is that whilst the mercure is 'geographically' closer to suncorp, the marriott is a nicer hotel and located in a better area.

Me: Not paid by the marriott and nothing against the mecure.

The Marriott is the nicer of the two as far as accommodation goes.

It's located on the river, with what you'd probably describe as the edge of the CBD (It's pretty much halfway between the city centre & the Valley). Relatively close to The Pig & Whistle (I know you blokes like your Irish pubs).

King George Square is a decent walk from there, not a huge distance but if you're walking there to get a bus from the Marriott, you're essentially almost at Suncorp anyway (Straight up Roma St).

I got a double room for around $140 (incl booking fee) at the Mercure Brisbane yesterday. (no breakfast though)

Got it through Wotif ("need it now" had it for that price during the week but it was showing as sold out when I looked yesterday at that site)

So, may be worth booking soon if you are looking at the Mercure?

If you need to add a sweetner for the ball and chain to get a piss up weekend. The marriott is known for its spa treatments.

Don't tell my Mrs, she is coming down there with me and oh God, she will expect this now.

Dont forget Mothers Day is on the Sunday, I am pretty sure anyway, so you may be able to wrangle it that the stay there is for "her" haha

Me and the better half are leaving the Gold Coast to the Bikies for a night and coming up, not decided on the hotel yet, will def be rining them and asking for a deal though, we are also going to the Manly function after the game.
My second favourite footy event of the year is beating Brisbane at Suncorp. Only topped by another GF!
Bring IT

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7