Footy Show on last legs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
A couple of stories in Telecrap today about how badly the Footy Show has rated in recent weeks (coincidentally since Fatty's bouncer gaffe) and how it may get the chop sooner rather than later.

Last week only had 166,000 viewers(down from a previous low of $186,000 in the show after Origin 3) and was beaten by Q&A on the ABC which is a political show.

I am sure they could run repeats of gordon ramsay on Thursday night.

The footy show should have been killed off years ago.   

tookey link said:

wrong channel isn't it?

Are these the same articles they have trotted out year after year about how it's demise is imminent

Didn't they also break the story last year that Fatty was being fired from the show ?

Dan link said:
[quote author=tookey link=topic=177957.msg190849#msg190849 date=1216783384]

wrong channel isn't it?
[/quote]

Ramnsay is on channel 9 and so is the footy show.  Ramsay also has some old show on channel 7 as well. 

http://channelnine.ninemsn.com.au/tvshow.aspx?sectionid=8895&sectionname=thefword

The problem with the Footy Show is that it is light entertainment, using the same old faces/format and everyone is bored with it - like Big Brother

look theres a vendetta being waged by several people in News ltd (Scrag Wilson, rothfield etc) who have jumped in on hadleys fued with vautin and co.

As KE said this **** has been getting trotted out year after year.

Does anyone with an IQ above 30 actually enjoy watching it?

I watched it once recently, (first time in years) I think it was a State of Origin or birthday edition or something like that. Anyway, they were lowering Mario down with a crane and they let him hang there for ages and it was oh, lets put **** on Mario, isnt it funny.

That **** ceased being humorous about 10 years ago. Why cant these clowns see that their behaviour and attempt at humour is pathetic.

yeah the show was funny 10 years ago - I wonder if that is because it was better or because 10 years ago I was 17 and about as mature as the hosts. 

My IQ must be 29 then clon, coz i enjoy it, watch it most weeks

Personally i enjoy watching something that is a bit more light hearted, and seeing the players outside of their normal routine of answering the same old questions with the same old line

Had a pretty good segment last week with Beaver and Wolfman in the studio

Yeah but you can still get the light hearted stuff on Foxtel with NRL teams on a tues, NRL on fox on a Wednesday, and then you can watch WWOS and the Sunday roast. Surely thats enough without stooping to the Footy Show.

I think Matthew Johns is the problem with the show at the moment. He has this constant urge to act like an idiot with an all-eyes-on-me mentality. Whenever the show starts heading in a football direction he drags it back onto himself by acting the fool.

clontaago link said:
Yeah but you can still get the light hearted stuff on Foxtel with NRL teams on a tues, NRL on fox on a Wednesday, and then you can watch WWOS and the Sunday roast. Surely thats enough without stooping to the Footy Show.

Don't get the Fox shows over here, and on the Sunday Roast you don't get many of the players on there that often

I have no problem at all with the Footy Show, depends what you are expecting when you watch it i suppose. This year they have got the blend a lot better between the bull**** and the serious stuff, that Star Chamber bit has been a good addition to it

Anyway, i find it hard to bag a show that kicks so much into the Childrens hospitals and stuff like that each year

The show gets bagged by ****wits that previously got the sack like rebbeca wilson,& ray hadley & for that reason it should get the chop that's a joke.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6