Footy Show

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

PJ

Bencher
I read last weeks poor reviews on this forum but tested it out for myself last night and really wish I'd been content with watching NRL on Fox earlier in the evening. Where do I start ...nothing against Benji Marshall as a player but he strikes me as a smart arse and the love in between him Gallop and the rest of the panel made me sick. I'm not going to beat a dead horse, so I'll mention I still think Gallop is a tool and leave it at that. Sorry if it seems I have no sense of humour but what is so funny about Beau Ryan bunging on an ethnic accent and using hand gestures towards his groin every second sentence??? After this I turned it off ...I'm not wasting my time with this show again.

Fatty had the chance to grill Gallop but instead all he basically did was tongue punch him in the fart box.
Beau Ryan used to be funny when he did 'Beau Knows' but I agree that the doggies fan character he does is not funny at all. It's too Matthew Johns like.

notice how uncomfortable gallop was when beau ryan burst out, you see him in back of shot like "this isnt meant to happen" then next shot he's up and gone.

i watch it, for the fact that nothing else is on, i hate AFL, wouldnt have a clue on half the rules, but always find their footy show really entertaining and so much less tacky.

DSM5 link said:
Nothing else on?  Get a video out. Watch the GF Manly wins.  Read a book.   

You could always paint a wall and watch it dry.  That would be more entertaining and more intellectually stimulating than the Footy Show.

The footy show has been crap for 10 years.  Can't believe that there are that many bogans in Australia who watch it. 

CussCuss link said:
The roast is what the footy show should be, light hearted look, piss funny and still focused on footy.

Seconded. The roast is the best footy show.

I didn't realise Hey Hey it's Thursday was still on.

Agreed the Roast is a great show -always gets a chuckle out of me and raises interesting points.

Post  automatically merged: [time]1300409867[/time]

Oh..and WAMF 'FFS' the title couldn't be plainer 'Footy Show' if you don't want to read about it don't click on the thread - pretty simple.'Thanks'

Well I still like the Footy Show.

I think people should watch the show wanting to be entertained instead of watching it hoping its bad so they can bag it.

I have a friend that doesnt like football, doesnt watch it, doesnt care about it but loves the footy show.

You have a forum here full of hardcore fans who generally hate it.

Masked Eagle link said:
Well I still like the Footy Show.

I think people should watch the show wanting to be entertained instead of watching it hoping its bad so they can bag it.

But if you watch it wanting to be entertained, you'll be disappointed. Dumb guys aren't funny. It takes brains to be funny.

Didn't & don't watch the show but swore in front of my mother when I saw the highlights this morning & heard the banter (Bullsh*t) between Gallop & Benji.

They need to take a page out of the AFL Footy Show. Watched it last night and Sammy Newman going off at the Geelong captain and calling him a liar is what should be happening on our Footy Show.

The problem here is that, because Channel Nine has the rights to the Footy Show and the telecasting of the footy in the NRL, they need to tongue punch Gallop up the proverbial.

As for the AFL they don't because Nine don't hold the TV rights to the games, just the Footy Show itself. This means they don't have to kiss Demetriou's arse or the player's arse's either.

Makes for good entertainment and you get the facts you want from the players and the management. Something we don't get on the NRL Footy Show

My tip, if you want to watch a good footy show get onto The Barefoot Rugby League Show. Thursday @ 7:30pm on NITV.

Big Georgie Rose is going to be a regular guest host this year on the show and they actually discuss RL topics without all the baggage and crap that goes on with the other shows.

First show started last night.

MadMarcus link said:
[quote author=DSM5 link=topic=186914.msg324217#msg324217 date=1300401277]
Nothing else on?  Get a video out. Watch the GF Manly wins.  Read a book.   

You could always paint a wall and watch it dry.  That would be more entertaining and more intellectually stimulating than the Footy Show.
[/quote]

Law and Order repeats on channel 115 (fox and austar).Better than that red headed smart arse on 9.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2