Foran & Hodkinson

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

swoop

Bencher
Tipping Member
Foran & Hodkinson

Finally we have a set of halves which give us more options and takes the pressure of Lyon. Both had impessive games with their defence a standout. Can only get better with more gametime undr their belts

Re: Foran & Hodkinson

That is what we all wanted from the start of the season! Unfortunately it took Snake's injury for this to eventuate....

Foran was particularly good

They are going well. Kicking game the only negative, a lot of balls taken on the full. Can only get better, their defence is a huge plus, the offence will come with time.

SilentBob link said:
They are going well. Kicking game the only negative, a lot of balls taken on the full. Can only get better, their defence is a huge plus, the offence will come with time.

Thought the young guys had a great game for only their 2nd game together, Foran definitely went well tonight.
Trent showed enough to let all know that he can handle it at this level too.
Lyon did very little kicking, and, our kicking game was not too bad, room for improvement though.
Both were absolutely huge in defence. More thanks to crusher and des  for finding these 2, both of these guys are going to be champions IMO.

Hodko needs to start to try to find the grass more with his kicks but that will come.

it was some great work by both the halves, as mentioned, it is good to see less pressure put on jamie, lyon looks great at centre,

Its even better when you consider the cap money we save with Hodkinson compared to Ox. I would think that Hodkinson would be on about 1/3 of Ox's contract and would Ox be 3 times as good at this stage of his career. Just proves the coaching staff are on the ball with player release and retention. This may also be why Perry was offered a 2 year deal when he wanted 3 a way of moving him on without rocking the boat. 

Too many kicks straight to their back three, but that should improve over time hopefully.

ads link said:
Too many kicks straight to their back three, but that should improve over time hopefully.

Give them both a bit more time to gel and everything will improve. Their defence is very good that's step 1 done, positioning on the field will be step 2 and the kicking step 3.

In other words they'll work on combinations and will probably sought out who's going to do the majority of kicking and which one takes control in certain situations etc. We have to be patient because although they've had a few good games there's going to be a few hiccups on the way.

I just hope we've found a long-term halves combination that will be there for years to come.

Yup there is a good platform to build on and that is all that is really important.
We were never expecting to win the grandfinal this year, but we can definitely put some pressure on a lot of teams

2 games of NRL together so far for this partnership.

Took Lyon and Orford more than 30 to gel.

As long as the general trend continues upwards things are looking good.

From the highlights i saw it showed that Hodko had the positional play and that Foran hand the vision and the touch to send matai and another over for a try.

What gave Lyon the ****s was that Ox wouldn't pass the ball.  Hodkinson does, and it's good. 

That combo looked very strong over the weekend . Their size & speed should expose massive holes in the warriors forward pack this week.

This has the makings of a much smoother halves partnership than we have had for a while. Does anyone recall the Ox/Monoghan combo with them getting in each others way.

these guys work well together.

I have to say Foran looks much more comfortable in 5/8 and had a great game.
Hodko I noticed more for his defense than his attack, but he played his hand only when he needed to

He's a good link man and not afraid to take the line on, Foran is more creative at this stage.

A good combination, works well together considering the number of games they have played together.

gus gould was very upbeat about the combo in papers and on tele.i like TH's passing game.for the first time in a couple of years we have depth in our attack with passes from him and foran hitting chests.the only good thing about snakes injury is that it may speed up our young halves developing a combo.having said that to see snake on the end of a smooth backline would be scary.

warriors will be a good test after their win but they do have some injuries like us.porky was about to explode and we lose him.a real shame.

agreed. Having Snake in some of those movements would have defenses ****ting themselves.

That movement for Matai's try was great, it looks a bit like that we used to use where Brett came around the back, but instead this time we just went through the hands with every player drawing 1 - 2 players and getting outside of them.

Add Brett Stewart straightening up and coming through the line on that movement and it would be bloody hard to stop

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6