Foran just bumping up his price tag

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Beaver boy

Reserve Grader
As an ardent Manly fan, I'm sick and tired of players sitting on the fence, and saying they'll see what's out there and at the same time bringing up the past muddy issues.

Get on with it Foran .... Sure test the market, you're a very good player, just let go of the negativity and win another premiership.

You owe Manly everythin.

I totally get your frustration over this.

I think we need cool heads over this. Foz and DCE are entitled to a break to be able to sort out what they want to do.

What I find encouraging is that Foz wants it sorted one way or another before the start of next season.

The market is driven by the clubs success and we just have to cope with the offers from rival clubs.

It is hard to see boys like Foz courted by rivals, this is something that stinks about the current system, it just causes instability.

I would like to see a transfer window between the week after the grand final till the end of January. Then we can just focus on the new season rather that hearing about player movements for the next season before a ball is kicked for the current season.

Foz is clearly torn about what to do, I have faith that the club now will do all they can. Lets watch this space!

Maybe like most players there will be a media circus that beats up elite players futures when heading into their final year of contract.
Foran has been in massive demand for an extended time so I get supporters frustration as theres no doubt, as proven in the past, it upsets a teams spirit & focus.
Truth is, Forans not beating up his price, opposition teams are doing that with massive offers that under NRL regulations, should be classified as poaching.
If anyone here had offers in their workplace that were far better than their current employment, only a fool or liar would pretend not to consider them.
Nothing is more important than loyalty & copping a little less to stay where you are & I know 100% fact Foran will do this if Manly offer close to the others, but can you afford 2 superstar halves in the current game??? only time will tell......

maxta said:
Nothing is more important than loyalty & copping a little less to stay where you are & I know 100% fact Foran will do this if Manly offer close to the others, but can you afford 2 superstar halves in the current game??? only time will tell......

Nothing is more important than loyalty - to fans. These guys though are pro athletes - this is their livelihood. Money does matter. Foran isn't a born and bred local who grew up idolising the team. He has no reason to take a pay cut out of loyalty to a club that to him, showed no loyalty to his team mates.

Your other point about can you afford 2 superstar halves - well remember this is for 2016 and the cap is set to rise AND there is potential for the NRL to top up contracts of the superstars. Would DCE and Foz qualify? Dunno but if DCE can reclaim his golden boy mantle he might, and having the NRL kick in 500K a year on his pay would go a long way...

Loobs said:
maxta said:

Nothing is more important than loyalty - to fans. These guys though are pro athletes - this is their livelihood. Money does matter. Foran isn't a born and bred local who grew up idolising the team. He has no reason to take a pay cut out of loyalty to a club that to him, showed no loyalty to his team mates.

Your other point about can you afford 2 superstar halves - well remember this is for 2016 and the cap is set to rise AND there is potential for the NRL to top up contracts of the superstars. Would DCE and Foz qualify? Dunno but if DCE can reclaim his golden boy mantle he might, and having the NRL kick in 500K a year on his pay would go a long way...

Sorry the NRL won't top up Foran or DCE's contract simply because they are not playing for the "right" type of teams.

Now if they played for say South, Dogs, Melbourne or Easts or were threatening to go to Union overseas, then maybe there would be a chance of a top up. But IMHO there would need to be a change in the team they play for to get that top up.

Foran has no right to hold my happiness to ransom at this time of year.

I knew releasing Liam would come back to bite us one day.

Simply making the most of supply and demand forces.

He is in demand so would rightly make sure that Manly's offer to stay in in line with offers from other clubs.

I still think holding out on a decision until right before the season starts bodes well for Manly. As I've said before, if he's saying he doesn't want a repeat of last year, then effectively ditching the club on the eve of a new season is a pretty poor look. So I think he'll resign which will have the opposite effect - big boost, then crack on with the campaign.

As for the top up, hoping our new CEO has some connections at HQ...

My gut feel is he will not stay, unlike Cherry who has married a local girl, has kids and is somewhat now " connected" to the Northern Beach area.

Fozzie has NZ connections , plays for the Kiwi's and clearly struck up a great partnership with Shaun Johnson, so the Warriors ( who will also have a massive massive amount of 3rd party money) will be the likely home in 2016.

Sadly I don't think loyalty, what he owes Manly, or the fans will come into this decision at all.

If ( and yes I agree if ) he gets 1.8 or 2 million a year ( half of which would be 3rd party) for 4 years it will be an irresistible offer, put yourself in the same picture, would you move jobs for double your current salary????

It would be nigh on impossible to say no.

So brace yourselves , because I reckon it's coming.

If money was the biggest factor in Foran's decision, he would be at the bulldogs already. He stayed last time for $150k less than what the dogs offered. He will be getting a good deal whether he stays it goes, so his decision will be based on where he thinks his football will benefit the most. If he thinks that's Manly then he will stay, if he thinks a move is best for his career then he will go.

Having a press conference or a Q and A without any questions being answered has frustrated me as a fan and I presume there are many more.

I don't want to hear any more press conferences from off contract players until they've decided their future one way or the other.

bones said:
If money was the biggest factor in Foran's decision, he would be at the bulldogs already. He stayed last time for $150k less than what the dogs offered. He will be getting a good deal whether he stays it goes, so his decision will be based on where he thinks his football will benefit the most. If he thinks that's Manly then he will stay, if he thinks a move is best for his career then he will go.

$150k to these guys is peanuts , what if it's $900k a year for four years , 3.6 Million would be a very good reason to move!!

Football improvement or not !!

Mark from Brisbane said:
bones said:

$150k to these guys is peanuts , what if it's $900k a year for four years , 3.6 Million would be a very good reason to move!!

$900k a year is not going to be the difference between what we offer and the top offer elsewhere though Mark.

Clint said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
bones said:

$900k a year is not going to be the difference between what we offer and the top offer elsewhere though Mark.

It's close Clint, if the Warriors owners Tweet is to be believed, 1.8 Million a year, so at this stage $700k a year more than we are supposedly offering .

Mark from Brisbane said:
Clint said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
bones said:

It's close Clint, if the Warriors owners Tweet is to be believed, 1.8 Million a year, so at this stage $700k a year more than we are supposedly offering .

Wow. I had no idea. I retract above comment then.

mozgrame said:
A real team man would take a pay cut so we can keep Cherry.

choc must be a real man because he left so we could use his $600k to pay Foran and DCE more.

If the warriors are in fact offering $1.8m a year which I doubt then the difference between offers must be third party contracts which are not guaranteed by the NRL.

Does Foran want to leave on the promise of extra money that might never turn up?

Consider this situation from another point of view..

The reason our players are in demand is because they are damn good. With such a strong and enduring roster we've been perhaps the most successful of all the clubs in the NRL era.

The result?

They all want OUR success. So they chase our players. Simples!

We are going to have to put up with clubs trying desperately to poach our players for as long as we've got such talent running around for us..

Imagine, for a minute, that no one wanted our players? We'd be cronulla.... Yay!!

So don't stress to much just enjoy the fact that we are strong and they want to be like us... and the ONLY way they can do it is by trying to buy our players, or imitate our culture.

:)

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4