Foran, Kelly, the Penns and the Crime of the century.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

COMMANDER

IF YOU DO NOT TRY YOU CAN NOT FAIL
The big story out of DCE and Foran leaving is not that they have decided to leave, but the foul and fetid stench of corruption and Judas like actions of our own CEO and owners.

I can't believe it's really gone by unnoticed.

Manly attempted to sign Brad Arthur as a coach for next year with a view to placating Foran.

This would require collaboration between Foran, our "CEO" and the Penn's to make such an approach. The only reason it failed is that Brad Arthur, for whatever reason, turned the approach down.

I can't get past this, and I can't get past those in charge at Manly being prepared to throw Geoff Toovey to the wolves (which they will eventually do) to succeed in this dastardly act.

I can't remember the Club doing something worse than this and getting away with it.

You know the real hero in this is Brad Arthur, for saying "no".

Ditto, @COMMANDER :mad:

Its obvious to the Fans and they have a long way to go before we part with our Membership fee for next year:mad:

But Dalai is not a Hero, not unless he called 2v and informed him of the approach. A mate would do that, especially a mate that 2v allowed to walk out on his contract to better himself.
But I bet Dalai was busy tying Foz up and never warned 2v:mad:

Last edited:
The big story out of DCE and Foran leaving is not that they have decided to leave, but the foul and fetid stench of corruption and Judas like actions of our own CEO and owners.

I can't believe it's really gone by unnoticed.

Manly attempted to sign Brad Arthur as a coach for next year with a view to placating Foran.

This would require collaboration between Foran, our "CEO" and the Penn's to make such an approach. The only reason it failed is that Brad Arthur, for whatever reason, turned the approach down.

I can't get past this, and I can't get past those in charge at Manly being prepared to throw Geoff Toovey to the wolves (which they will eventually do) to succeed in this dastardly act.

I can't remember the Club doing something worse than this and getting away with it.

You know the real hero in this is Brad Arthur, for saying "no".
If this is true, it is the most anti Manly behaviour I can imagine. I don't know how they can look Toovey in the face.

Oh come on this is just ridiculous. Why would someone invest so much money into a club to tear it down. What evidence do you have that brad Arthur was approached by the way is that you Dean Richie?

They weren't tearing anything but 2v down.
If Dalai had agreed, Foz would have signed for Manly

I agree and am as dumbfounded as you that this could happen.

We all know the media are backing the Penn's so there will be no finger pointed at them to explain their actions.

Not only have they tried to get rid of Tooves but the way they have handled the signing of both halves is the worst I've seen from any club.

Foran was gone since end of last year but the fact they could've had Cherry and have let him go is the worst recruitment decision in our club's history as far as I'm concerned.

Losing gift was bad enough but I at least could see the reasoning. Losing one of the biggest names in the comp who wanted to stay is astounding.

To think we're trying to convince all the lesser players to come to us on inflated salaries when we had a gem at our fingertips. I don't know the figures but maybe all that was needed was another $200,000 to convince him to stay and then we could've "got by" with a lower priced 5/8 or even one we can play from within like Lyon, Mateo, Littlejohn or Rudolph.

It all came down to trying to convince Cherry to stay & they won't.

I'm astounded at the new CEO & owners and have NO CONFIDENCE in them whatsoever!

I do have confidence in Tooves and our senior players but they can only do so much with such incompetence in our management. Trying to sack him was and is disgraceful. he is the fabric that is holding us together at the moment. He has my upmost support and just about every Manly fans support as well.

Calling all millionaires, please feel free to offer to buy the Penn's out. They could end up destroying our culture.

What is the corruption referred to in the thread title? That is a very sensational headline Commander. Or are you merely alleging that someone thought it was more important to keep Foran as a player than to keep Toovey as coach?
That is a always a management call and just because you may have an opinion doesn't mean a contrary opinion is 'corrupt'. Does it?

Mate they can't and neither can the players.
Commander, what do you mean by the players can't look Toovey in the face..... Why wouldn't the players, it's not them that have tried to pull off this rubbish.....or could you tell us more.

It maybe plausible to suggest Arthur was offered some kind of senior assistant Role on more than he was on at Parra. It is no secret The club was looking at Extra coaching resources when the Penn's took over. Maybe they were looking to duplicate the current situation at parramatta with 2V taking a Coaching director role. I would hate to think our club would be so blatantly dumb than to think that they would get away with burning Tooves. Would be complete stupidity Let alone morally low!

Yep they've kept Tooves in the the loop, as evidenced by his two appearances on NRL 360.

The moves from management over the past couple of weeks may reek of desperation and saving face but to mention corruption is taking it a bit far. I think emotion is clouding judgement here. I remember a similar call when hasler left

The reality is that Arthur has not achieved anything. He has a "vision" a " plan " and these kids brought into it. Their gone. They got more money. That's fine. But other coaches at parra have promised a lot and delivered very little then were terminated. Nice guys are not always successful coaches. When was the last time they were on a grand final yet alone win one. There will be more pressure on Arthur than 2v if they don't perform with all these expensive purchases

This really is dynamite. I hope totally untrue as well. I think they left because the administration have made too many mistakes over the last few years and if they really wanted to stay they would have done. They are going and painful as that reality is we have to learn from the errors and fully support the coach and team as we rebuild.

Learning from the past ensures we have a stable club in future. The divisions devastated the team. Never seen a team so together as that one was since the 70s team.

We will be back! !!

What an absolute bullsh1t post...U believe that , you will believe anything.....Can we just get on with what we have for 2015...If u don't like the owners, CEO or anyone else...guess what you cant change it and the constant moaning about what u read in the media is really boring....
Brad Arthur WAS NEVER COMING BACK TO MANLY, this year or next

Arthur may not make it past the next couple of months. They have some pretty serious injury concerns at the slime and they have zero depth. There is a fight for power at board level and you can bet if they have a few losses there will be blood on the floor, starting with the coach.

Every year the eels start well and they think it will be there year. Just wait for their outside backs and dropmough to start fumbling and they will fall away. They are already making excuses like injuries.

The only interesting thing now is when will they sack Toovey.

Cant happen in the next few weeks after all the bad PR from Foz/DCEgate.

Tooves might just make the Origin period.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6