Foran unsure over NZ Test Chances

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Simonmyers11

First Grader
Foran unsure over NZ Test chances
  • 23Apr_KieranForan_800x600.jpg

New Zealand five-eighth Kieran Foran says he's desperate to be fit for next week's Anzac Test. (AAP)

Kieran Foran admits he's fighting a battle to be fit to play for Manly this weekend and for New Zealand in next week's Test against Australia.
Source:
AAP
23 Apr 2015 - 1:37 PM UPDATED 3 HOURS AGO
Kieran Foran says he's desperate to be a part of the New Zealand side that plays Australia on Friday week, but admits he's battling to recover from a torn hamstring.

Kiwi coach Stephen Kearney said on Thursday Foran and Shaun Johnson would start against the Kangaroos, with Benji Marshall to miss out on a recall.

However, the Parramatta-bound five-eighth, who's been named in the Manly side to play Melbourne on Saturday, hasn't trained this week amid fears he could be sidelined for an extended period of time.

The 24-year-old has already missed three weeks of action earlier this season with a hamstring issue but the latest problem is in his other leg and kept him out of the Sea Eagles' loss to Canterbury last Friday.

"It's sort of day by day thing, I did it training, I am not too sure if I'm chance for this week," Foran said.
"I've had a few hamstring injuries over the years, I am quite prone to them due to a bulging disc in my back that I've had for a while.
"I am working quite hard with the medical team at Manly to restructure how I do things to make sure I don't keep missing games."

Foran and Johnson have formed an outstanding combination at Test level with Warriors halfback winning the Golden Boot last year.
The Kiwis are chasing a third straight win over the Kangaroos and Foran said he would do everything he can to be involved at Suncorp Stadium.

"I am not too sure with the Test, it's all down to if I play this week for Manly," he said.
"I need to be on the field at Melbourne to have any sort of chance but I really want to be there in Brisbane.
"I am still working on the tear, it's all rehab at the moment ... I guess touch and go is the only way to describe my chances."

Sounds like he is not keen to play for Manly this weekend, but will do anything to play for NZ next weekend!
Hamstring issues on both legs now!

Sometimes you have to put club footy before rep footy. The team is currently up sheite creek without a paddle and he's worried about playing for NZ.

Jamie Lyon had his priorities right. The club comes first. They pay your wages week in week out.

Break a leg Foran, if your focus is a Mickey Mouse Rep game and not to pull your Club off the bottom of the ladder @:mad:

Pretty sure he did the damage in the All Stars Game. His comments preceding that were 'its great to get away from the intensity of Manly' :swear:

If the kiwis are remotely considering picking that imposter, they have either not been watching this seanon AT ALL or are just assuming he'll knuckle up for his country..

Would love to sit him out of 1st grade and NSW cup for a period so that his back and hamstrings can recover significantly. This would give somebody else a shot at 5/8 in the meantime.

We'd also get to see if he'd be hungry to get back on the field. But a return might not happen if his replacement starts killing it.

I always love a Sea Eagle playing rep footy, be it City/Country, Origin or Tests. I know that's not always the popular view on here, but I believe that it makes the player better and in turn that makes the club better.

In this case however Forans attitude doesn't endear me. He seems so desperate to play for the kiwis whilst not giving 2 hoots about the Sea Eagles.

He will be Man of the Match in the Anzac Test, or very close to it.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6