• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

chrisos

Reserve Grader
This guys a star,shows plenty of pace,looks as though he can read the game well,we must hold onto him i reckon hes a real player of the future,pity were losing JWH he played well today GO MANLY!

I am pretty sure Foran is contracted till the end of 2010.
I would like to see him as 5/8th and Bailey to lock, but i wouldn't be surprised if Des only gives him a few more games this year, just to ease him into 1st grade.

Pepi link said:
I am pretty sure Foran is contracted till the end of 2010.
I would like to see him as 5/8th and Bailey to lock, but i wouldn't be surprised if Des only gives him a few more games this year, just to ease him into 1st grade.

I'm pretty sure his contract end this year.

JWH didn't play that well.  Take a close look.  Cuthbo was terrible.  Foran was fantastic.  Reminded me of Ballin, only better.

As Sterlo said, the most impressive and surprising part of his game was the defence. TLL and Tilse certainly found they didn't have an easy target early on

JWH was good without being great. But he's young and that's what I expect from young blokes.....

DSM5 link said:
JWH didn't play that well.  Take a close look.  Cuthbo was terrible.  Foran was fantastic.  Reminded me of Ballin, only better.
i think JWH was solid in defence to be honest but i agree cuthbo was terrible but we must hold onto foran he is only 18 and looks like he couldve run the show.

DSM5 link said:

I agree. JWH came up with a few handling errors which is common for him, cuthbo tried to offload under pressure too many times, gave away a penalty letting the raiders back into the game.

Foran will be a star.

Swoop, I didn't think the problem with Cuthbo was offloading.  He just dropped the ball and gave away stupid penalties, one with JWH.  Also threw a forward pass.  If he hadn't, we score.  We got the penalty goal but could have used the try.  Anyway they're both going and won't be missed.  Foran is must to keep.

I think the most important thing out of today was how much better Orford plays with a proper 5/8 next to him, rather than a backrower in the 6 jumper.

Orford played well, and Bailey went ok in the pack.

Foran played a very solid debut game, he's class.

Cuthbo was atrocious, hopefully it was just cobwebs.

JWH was up and down, which is about what one can expect of a kid his age.

Orford certainly needs a quality 5/8th to shine.  His first half was excellent.  What happenned in the second?

DSM5 link said:
Swoop, I didn't think the problem with Cuthbo was offloading.  

Not so much this game but there's been other games aswell where's he tries to hard to offload. Having said that he's just back from injury and might of needed the run today.

DSM5 link said:
Orford certainly needs a quality 5/8th to shine.  His first half was excellent.  What happenned in the second?

Someone put Bailey back to 5/8 :)

Foran was off the field in the second, guessing Des felt he might be suspect sue to the pace in the NRL.

I would like Des to leave him there, Bailey at lock, with watmough and Glen in the backrow, Hall on the bench with Rodney and Rose and Kite/Perry/King (whoever it ends up being)

I think Des will give him a game here and there, but we won't see a lot of him

Is a big ask for a young bloke to get up physically week after week, he will be hurting today. Having just comeback to playing myself I know he will have sore shoulders after hitting those big blokes all day

Fluffy link said:
Foran was off the field in the second, guessing Des felt he might be suspect sue to the pace in the NRL.

I would like Des to leave him there, Bailey at lock, with watmough and Glen in the backrow, Hall on the bench with Rodney and Rose and Kite/Perry/King (whoever it ends up being)

I think the reason Des took foran off is because he been coming off the bench in the U20's and they said on radio that he was suffering cramps. It's a huge step up to 1st grade and he handled it well but I guess there's also a huge step up in the speed of the game.

Very funny Fro, but you are right.  Foran was replaced in the 54 minute.  Bailey back to 5/8th.  Foran apparently had leg cramps.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7