• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Stillman

Reserve Grader
I have just watched the Tits game again and it has confirmed my belief that he should be playing 5/8th for the rest of the year. Defensively he was everywhere that match and is never far away during a break. Everyone's praise of Farrar is well deserved but for me he is the one to drop off for the finals. Let lyon defend at right centre and move in to relieve the kicking duty of Orford every now and then.

i agree. Foran isnt flashy in attack YET, he will get better.

His defense is incredible!

There were a few points in that match where one of our players were looking for an offload and a player went zipping through a gap. I thought it was Brett in support but it was actually Foran. He is a very opportunistic footballer that will greatly benefit this team for years to come hopefully.

Sure but at 5/8 should put others in those gaps

Tough call either way.

But I agree Foran at 5/8 defensively, with Lyon at centre to help manage GI.  Lyon can come in to do some playmaking in attack. Foran's strike rate in finding the line is about on a stewart par at the moment, even though farrar has been pretty good too.

Dan link said:
Sure but at 5/8 should put others in those gaps

im really suprised he hasnt started yet - it was one of the best aspects of his game in the 20's. Maybe He is under instruction to keep it simple at first and then bring it on slowly. After all he didnt do any kicking for the first few games either, now he makes a few a game.

Foran did set up a try as well though.. with a great bit of play for Williams last try.

Le Strange should be dropped.

its hard to split farrar and foran but i would go with foran because he and lyon can chop and change through out the match. That wont happen if farrar is out there.

Le strange or farrah.

But in dropping le strange then we need someone training as back up hooker should metty get injured

Farrar wont really bring much to the team from the bench, may as well have Stranger there where he can actually have an impact.

Personally i'd prefer to see Farrar over Matai in the long term, but for now it's best that Farrar drops out of the team should Killer come back in.

Des should drop le snack and keep foran as foran can cover the hooking role if Ballin is injured. 

He is quick off the mark, has good ball handling skills and is a great defender. 

yeah hed do well as back up hooker.. but id still start Foran as 5/8 and Farrar benched.. if Ballin gets injured.. Foran can play there.. Farrar can be back up for 5/8 centre wing fullback.. rather than just hooker.

Foran has won Des over. That in itself is an achievement.

What I like about Foran is his reliability at such a young age. There is so much potential there. He's the ideal player to have when the game is in balance because he will dig as deep as he can to swing the game in our favour.

I am looking forward to early next season when we can see him allowed to take a more creative role and start throwing the ball around a bit more.

Will be good to see if it adds a further dimension to our game

i just hope we can lock him up here.

Then we have
1. B Stewart 24
6 K Foran 19
7 Open
9 Ballin 23

3 of the 4 most important positions locked up for 5 years (pending re-signings of course)

We have a good strike rate in keeping players that we really want to keep. Our club culture is second to none. Hopefully having a taste of finals football after only half a season in first grade will be handy in persuading Foran to re-sign.

Pittwater Legend link said:
Foran has won Des over. That in itself is an achievement.

What I like about Foran is his reliability at such a young age. There is so much potential there. He's the ideal player to have when the game is in balance because he will dig as deep as he can to swing the game in our favour.

Exactly.

Foran must be the only player (other than Hargraves on occasions) that Des has picked from under 20's to play FG.  He must be very special.  

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6