• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Wow ! What a game from him, running, passing, tackling and kicking, and he is still only a young buck.

We have a long term match winner on our hands here, he can only get better

Without trying to sound like I'm flogging myself.... he actually reminds me alot of Jonathan Thurston....

He never stops trying...
He is not as skilled as thurston in alot of the aspects but this will come with experience...
He can kick
He can pass...
he takes on the line...
he has a dummy..
he is great in defence..

Over the next couple of years he will hone in all of these skills and then he'll be a complete footballer... at the moment he is working on shear talent and he is going great guns... I don't wanna go on too much (and I've had a few beers) but he really looks the goods

Foran is an absolute beast, the things he can do on a football field may soon be classed as war crimes.

If Foran & Hokko both live up to potential (as they should with our excellent coaching staff) then we will have the best halves combination in the comp by far.

Was at the game down at brookie today,very sweet afternoon!Foran was close to our best if not our best today,setup tries,timed his passes well close to the line,selected the right man,this kid is looking awesome,and he defended very strongly aswell,i like the way he chased through his own kick and tackled kelly around the legs,he just showed alot of determination,hokka also good,im so happy we have settled now on our halves combination,what a great win.

he was great today, Imagine the kid when he gets 100 game under his belt, a great foil for Hodkinson who is also getting better every week, should partner Benji in the halves for the Kiwis in the test coming up

Yep , very impressed by Foran and Hodkinson. Exciting times ahead indeed.

Just a pity Snake is missing all this time moulding a combination with these guys.

Nutzcraw link said:
Without trying to sound like I'm flogging myself.... he actually reminds me alot of Jonathan Thurston....

He never stops trying...

I don't want to get off topic but just on Thurston's ability to never stop trying....an example of that in the game last night: he got his grapes well and truly crushed by Gareth Ellis (a moment which made me feel like shedding a tear because of how painful it looked) but a couple of minutes later he chased down Benji (a known speedster, as Manly can attest to...he's blitzed us a few times now). Now that's a f*cken competitor.

As for Foran - he's doing everything that Manly has known he would do for a few years. The kid is a star and he's only 19. Today was his best game by a mile. As has already been pointed out, his kicking game was sensational. He's a deadset certainty for the Kiwis team alongside Benji in the halves.

He is certainly getting more than his fair share of a crack at first receiver, with Hodkinson only being used every now and then. Playing more like a halfback at the moment, even feeding the scrums. Going great guns and has really got our attack looking like we have options, unlike last year. This is working for Hodkinson as well, giving him more time to settle in and not having the pressure of handling the ball 4 or 5 times every set, playing a little wider gives him a bit more time. They are complimenting each other really well at the moment, especially the kicking game today. Can only get better and once Hodkinson gets some more experience we should have genuine options both sides of the ruck. Just got to keep the forwards laying the platform and giving these guys the space and time to shine.

The kid is unbelievable he did more constructive things in one game than
ox did in 3 years .I think our halves will stand up for next weeks storm game.

PONTIAN SEA EAGLE link said:
The kid is unbelievable he did more constructive things in one game than
ox did in 3 years .I think our halves will stand up for next weeks storm game.

Settle down, haven't seen him hold up a trophy yet

willstyles link said:
[quote author=Nutzcraw link=topic=182972.msg258668#msg258668 date=1270974390]
I don't want to get off topic but just on Thurston's ability to never stop trying....an example of that in the game last night: he got his grapes well and truly crushed by Gareth Ellis (a moment which made me feel like shedding a tear because of how painful it looked)

Just on Ellis did you see his tooth go flying in the head clash with numb nuts got a broken nose as well by the looks and kept on playing, he is one tough pom.

Ellis is one of the toughest players in the NRL, no question about it. I've spoken to a number of players who put him right at the top of the list.

When he was lying prone on the ground I was thinking "wow, must be something pretty gnarly to keep him on the ground". Nasty head clash, but was never going to keep him out of the game. Very, very tough hombre. I felt a bit queasy when I saw the tooth flying sky-high. It really is remarkable the sort of punishment these guys put themselves through...

He's a vastly different player to Burgess but they're both guys I would've loved to have seen wearing Manly colours.

I was pleased to read Nutz's comment on the halves complimenting each othe":

I can just see it. "Well played Keiran!" "Trent, that was a nice try!" "Thanks Keiran, you are a great support!"

:) :) :) They complement each other as well.!!

willstyles link said:
[quote author=Nutzcraw link=topic=182972.msg258668#msg258668 date=1270974390]

He never stops trying...

I don't want to get off topic but just on Thurston's ability to never stop trying....an example of that in the game last night: he got his grapes well and truly crushed by Gareth Ellis (a moment which made me feel like shedding a tear because of how painful it looked) but a couple of minutes later he chased down Benji (a known speedster, as Manly can attest to...he's blitzed us a few times now). Now that's a f*cken competitor.

As for Foran - he's doing everything that Manly has known he would do for a few years. The kid is a star and he's only 19. Today was his best game by a mile. As has already been pointed out, his kicking game was sensational. He's a deadset certainty for the Kiwis team alongside Benji in the halves.
[/quote]

YEah will,

To me this is exactly what makes Thurston better than the rest.... In the time I've watched footy I've never seen anyone so competitive... he reminds me of beaver in the way he never gives up on a play.... you'll see a winger sprint 100m to score and it'll be thurston behind him chasing him keeping him out wide... very good player

Foran is looking great! And Hodkinson is impressive - maybe this is the halves pairing for the next ten years. ;)

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4