foran

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

susan

Bencher
Being a self confessed bad judge I just can't believe this bloke.Junior said tonight he played all his junior football at centre and lock and after a steady start last year where he played tough but not that creatively he plays like this at 5/8.The bloke is an unadulterated gold plated super star.

He would know the kid i guess.

I thought he was going to push the ref out of the way and put one on dogshot white after that scrum :)

Is there anything he cant do? and tough as a 2 dollar steak. throw the corso at him, lock him up for a long time.

No, apparently we need to plead and beg for Orford to come back and restore the 2008 glory days.

So susan, totally repudiating that Foran is a poof 5/8th and should be at lock?

I don't blame anyone for being worried about Forans ability to hold down the no 6 jumper at the start of the year as a serious ball playing option based on the actual evidence from 2010. But considering his lack of playing time in the position as a junior his improvement this year is astronomical and I'll make the statement, UNPRECEDENTED!!!!! Its not like you could say, well he killed it as a junior and it will just take time. He's doing his learning at the top level and I'm gobsmacked about how he's going.

YES Mata

im as certian about being wrong about Foran as a 5/8 as you should be about making an unequivical apology for that orford thread tonight after agreat eagle win.Disgraceful stuff old boy and not what I would expect from a man of your undoubted intellect.

How could anyone not see Foran had ball playing ability---he showed more than enough glimpses last year with double pumps, going to the line and holding the ball back etc. The more he runs at defensive lines going backwards the more at the line he can play----allowing flat at the line plays with hole runners hitting the edges.

If he is not allowed or encouraged to develop his right side plays he will end up a ball playing lock---big waste if it happens.

Foran reminds me a little of Brad Fittler in his latter stages of his career playing at the line and passing flat. I recall a game at Brookie in 96 or 97 when the Roosters were killing our right edge defence targeting Tooves and Terry Hill--- some beautiful decoys and hole running with Fittler orchestrating the plays off the smarts of Gould.(Manly came back from 18 or 24 points down to win on a Friday night)

Yeah I was sided with you on the foran is more of a lock but he has come on a bloody long way since then. A tough and talented footballer. How is his brothers skills, imagine having 2 of them on the field

Thanks for reminding me Susan but was not implying "i told you so" just very surprised someone with your knowledge of the game kept writing off his ball playing ability.

Did not see the game tonight but i'm guessing our standard plays worked in sucking in outside defenders from a struggling team.

Off to see the highlights....

Foran will struggle for Dally M, because of players like gifty, snake, killer and young hoppa who are going to steal points, and rightfully so. Thurston doesnt quite have the same competition in the cowgirls outfit.

I wasnt being facetious TC.Well done.I know you said previously he had these skills up his sleeve and I must admit i didnt really see them even though I loved him as a footballer.We were under so much pressure last year he always seemed hurried(as you would be).
I used to think of him as a Dallas Johnson.Now the name Terry Lamb comes to mind.

Technical Coach said:
How could anyone not see Foran had ball playing ability---he showed more than enough glimpses last year with double pumps, going to the line and holding the ball back etc. The more he runs at defensive lines going backwards the more at the line he can play----allowing flat at the line plays with hole runners hitting the edges.

If he is not allowed or encouraged to develop his right side plays he will end up a ball playing lock---big waste if it happens.

Foran reminds me a little of Brad Fittler in his latter stages of his career playing at the line and passing flat. I recall a game at Brookie in 96 or 97 when the Roosters were killing our right edge defence targeting Tooves and Terry Hill--- some beautiful decoys and hole running with Fittler orchestrating the plays off the smarts of Gould.(Manly came back from 18 or 24 points down to win on a Friday night)

Travis Burns also showed glimpses in his first year. Foran did show those things at times in 09 but it looked forced and like he was running the training drills on the field. I go by my statement, but his improvement this year as a playmaker is UNPRECEDENTED!!!!!!

Foran running at the line is reminding more and more of Thurston rather than Fittler. He forces the defence to make decisions on every play. And even when the defence gets it right, Foran normally has them running backwards.

And who was it that complained Dessie was not doing enough to help Foran develop as a playmaker? :)

Masked Eagle said:
Travis Burns also showed glimpses in his first year. Foran did show those things at times in 09 but it looked forced and like he was running the training drills on the field. I go by my statement, but his improvement this year as a playmaker is UNPRECEDENTED!!!!!!

Don't ever mention Burns and Foran in the same sentence again. Burns is the most one dimensional player since Martin Lang.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8