Foran's bruising defence

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Foran may never develop a five-eighth like Laurie Daley's classical ball-playing skills, but man-oh-man, he sure does make up for it in other ways. Some of the hits he put on the Roosters players yesterday were outstanding, and it got to a point where I think Pearce was afraid to direct traffic his way. Pound for pound must be the best backline tackler in the NRL - it's like having another backrower out there in defence.

In on page one!!!

I agree re the tackling.

I just hope his body lasts, and lasts.

Crusher_Cleal said:
Foran may never develop a five-eighth like Laurie Daley's classical ball-playing skills, but man-oh-man, he sure does make up for it in other ways. Some of the hits he put on the Roosters players yesterday were outstanding, and it got to a point where I think Pearce was afraid to direct traffic his way. Pound for pound must be the best backline tackler in the NRL - it's like having another backrower out there in defence.

You think Laurie Daley had classical ball-playing skills?

He was paying particular attention to Pearce yesterday which was awesome

He reminds me of a young Ian Martin, who was a good enough player to push Bob Fulton to the centres. Ian Martin had the same type of powerful hits in his game as Kieran and seems to have a similar build physically.

Masked Eagle said:
Crusher_Cleal said:

Weren't Laurie's ball playing skills on display in the sheds after the 1989 Grand Final ?

Crusher_Cleal said:
Foran may never develop a five-eighth like Laurie Daley's classical ball-playing skills, but man-oh-man, he sure does make up for it in other ways.

I think you are confusing Laurie Daley with Cliffy Lyons.

Agree on Kieran's defence though, it is outstanding! I wonder if he and Matai have a competition to see who can axe the most players.

Fine Cliffy then. Imo, Daley was pretty outstanding in attack too, but in other ways from Cliffy I guess. My point more being that I think Foran still has a bit to go on the attacking side of things in order to become one of the game's great 5/8's (but is obviously young and improving all the time)

Masked Eagle said:
Crusher_Cleal said:

Yeah i thought that was odd too.

When the Rorters were on our line at 24 14 Foz smashed Boyd Cordner and Manly kept them out. You could see it lifted the whole team and we scored off our next set,which opened the floodgates. The kids a freak.

Most halves dont like the tough stuff but not Foz, I think he enjoys trying to belt the bigger blokes and he succeeds lol

tulley said:
He reminds me of a young Ian Martin, who was a good enough player to push Bob Fulton to the centres. Ian Martin had the same type of powerful hits in his game as Kieran and seems to have a similar build physically.

I'm like thinking the same...Good one Tulley!

Haz88 said:
Most halves dont like the tough stuff but not Foz, I think he enjoys trying to belt the bigger blokes and he succeeds lol

Next year when Manly play the Dogs, I think TRex will be mostly running at Foran if Hasler plays him at no.12, so Foz will have to be at his tackling best, and I have faith in him.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6